Guilty, I asked, "When do we start?"

"Friday?" Axel said, looking back at me. "Your house?"

"Sure." I forced a small smile. "Sounds good."

Axel also forced a smile and for once, I hoped we would get to hang out soon. Knowing I had created tension between us, I suddenly felt horrible. Almost as if I had ruined something.

*****

"Hey," I said, opening the front door wide. "Come in."

Axel grinned and stepped in. As he took off his shoes, I stared at him, realizing how odd this was. Just weeks ago I had hated him and now he was the first guy to come to my house. Things had changed so much because of the stupid kiss.

"Where are we going to study?" Axel asked, standing up straight.

"My room?" I asked. "Is that fine?"

For a mere second Axel seemed caught off guard, but he quickly replaced the look with a smirk. I rolled my eyes at that, preparing myself for what he would say.

"That sounds." He grinned. "Incredible."

"Shush." I shook my head. "Let's go."

I led Axel to the stairs and right before we could climb it, I suddenly heard my mom call me. Frowning, I stopped in my place.

"Yes Mom!" I shouted.

"Come here dear!" she shouted back. "And bring your friend."

Surprise filled me and I glanced at Axel, wondering if he was okay with this. He simply shrugged and I sighed, wondering why he would be meeting my parents. Axel shouldn't even be in my life.

   The both of us walked to the kitchen where my parents were. The both of them were standing at the oven and when we entered, they turned around and grinned. But upon seeing Axel, their grins fell for a moment and I noticed they tensed. I realized at that moment I hadn't mentioned that Axel was a guy and based on the leather he wore and his handsome face, my parents would be wary of him.

   "Hello," my mom said, forcing a smile. "You must be Zoey's new friend."

   "Hello," Axel said, walking up to her. "I'm Axel."

   Axel extended his hand out to my mom and she took it, shaking it. She relaxed a bit and I was thankful as I watched Axel also shake my dad's hand. I did want them to like him, even if I didn't.

    Axel soon returned to my side and I looked at him, wondering how he was feeling. He was smiling, but his eyes wore a neutral expression. Knowing eyes were the windows to the soul, I began to feel anxious about whether he was comfortable or not.

   "So, Zoey is going to tutor you, right?" my dad asked.

   "Yup," Axel answered, glancing at me. "She's brilliant. I know she can save my mark."

   "She is brilliant." My mom grinned. "She'll be an incredible tutor. Watch your mark soar."

   "Can't wait. My parents will be thrilled."