Wakanda - Chapter one.

Wanda gasped for air, trying to flick back her wet hair out of her face, but it deemed almost impossible without the use of her arms.
Steve had appeared to swim easily with her clinging onto him with her legs, one of his hands holding her thigh to ensure he had a grip on her, his other hand being used to swim with. Upon reaching the surface, he had allowed her to get off of his back, but held her waist to keep her close as they swam towards land. It was a good few miles, and the water was icy cold.
As they'd reached the shore, Wanda had flopped down onto the sand, taking a moment to recover. There was an awful breeze, and it caused her to shiver, her soaking wet clothing sticking to her skin.
"Everyone alright?" Steve called out, his eyes scanning around the group. 
"I need a coffee." Clint muttered, wringing out the front of his shirt.
"Can you free me yet?" Wanda questioned, dying to release her arms.
Steve moved closer to her again, looking at the jacket that was restricting her movement, before moving to the back of her. "It's locked with an electronic code."
"Can't you just rip it off?"
Wanda felt a tug as Steve tried it, a frown furrowing her brows.
"No." He replied, before addressing the rest of the group again. "There's a helicopter five miles east. Head towards that, we're still not a safe distance away. Wanda, I'll take a better look once we're out of here."
She had to fight back a groan, knowing it would be a struggle for her with her arms restricted.
"Here, kid." Clint moved over to her, peeling her hair off of her face, before holding his arms out. "I'll carry you."
Wanda smiled slightly as her hair was pushed back, looking up at Clint. "I am not as light as one of your children, Clint. I'll try to run."
"If you're sure." Clint shrugged, gently patting her back. "Try to keep up!"
She nodded her head, giving him a half-hearted smile.
She watched as the others started to run across the sand, heading towards the trees, and she started to break into a run just moments after Clint did. Steve stayed behind them, even though he could've ran much quicker than the entirety of the group.
Her heart pounded in her chest again as she ran, and it didn't take long for her to fall behind the rest of the group. Her hair fell back into her face as she clambered over the twigs and tree stumps; the small, wet clumps of hair sticking to her forehead and cheeks. She attempted to brush it back with her shoulder as she moved, the frustration of not being able to do it causing her to lose her concentration for a moment. She stumbled along, accidentally misplacing her footing and almost tumbling to the floor, her breath catching in her throat as she prepared to fall face first into the ground.
The impact never happened. A large pair of hands grabbed her waist and hauled her back to her feet, and she let out a sigh of relief.
"Careful, Wanda." Steve warned her, moving to her front as he released her waist.
"I just need to get out of this, this.. Glupi stvar." She muttered, losing the will to speak in English, slipping back into her native tongue at the end.
Steve didn't need to speak the language to know that her mutterings were about the jacket restricting her arms, and he sighed, before quickly throwing her over his shoulder. She gasped as he did so, her body tensing as he ran, and she realised had no way to grasp onto anything to save herself if he was to let go. He held her legs in a firm grip, and of course, he wouldn't just let her drop, but there was still the doubt in her mind. Especially at the speed he was running.
She settled for squeezing her eyes shut and holding her breath, in an attempt to brave it through the run, letting out a sigh of relief as she heard the helicopter in the distance. The rotor blades were noisy, and Sam shouted over the sound in an attempt to be heard.
"You came with the king??" He questioned, to which Wanda became inquisitive and lifted her head to look over her shoulder at the chopper.
Just as Sam had pointed out, King T'Challa was there. But he wasn't in costume this time. He was opening the door for the group to climb into the aircraft, holding out an arm for them to grab onto if they needed it.
Steve placed Wanda into the craft, before he stepped back to allow Scott Lang to hop in, followed by Clint, and then he climbed in last. Wanda took a seat beside Sam, a frown furrowing her brows, she was confused as to how this set up had happened.
Steve looked around at the group, before nodding to the King, who then ordered for the pilot to take flight.
"A craft was detected in the area a few moments ago, Captain." T'Challa informed Steve.
"We're not out of the woods just yet, then." Clint muttered, looking out of the window as the chopper began to rise from the ground and above the trees.
"Just one?" Steve asked, to which the King nodded.
"We're armed. But we'd like for it to not come to that." He replied.
"We'd all like for that, your highness." Steve nodded his head.
"So, is anyone actually going to explain what's going on here?" Sam spoke up, pulling a face as he tugged his wet shirt away from his chest.
"King T'Challa is helping us." Steve told them. "We're going to have half the world looking for us, so we're going to Wakanda."
Wanda tried to listen as Steve spoke, but soon enough she lost track of the conversation, starting to shiver as the cold took over her body. She trusted Steve to take them somewhere safe, she was more focused on the chill that she was feeling, her teeth chattering quietly. She closed her eyes for a moment, almost like she was bracing herself from the way she was feeling.
It was at a time like this that she missed her brother. She'd tried not to think about him, as it only brought a hollow, sinking feeling to herself, but she couldn't help but think of him in this moment. She missed the warmth of his arms, the way he'd hold her when she needed the comfort. Pietro had been everything that she'd ever known; and now he was everything she'd once known... It almost felt like it had been in a previous life.
Her eyes darted open again as she felt something brush against her arm, only to find the King wrapping a blanket around her shivering frame. He offered her a gentle smile as he did so, to which she gave a slight nod in return. She wasn't being rude to the royal, she just couldn't find the energy to thank him.

---

Before she knew it, they'd landed in Wakanda. Wanda must've drifted off to sleep, her body's natural way of defending itself from the cold, only to awaken as the group began to shift around, preparing to get out of the craft.
The heat was almost stifling as the aircraft's door was opened from the outside, and Wanda had to take a few deep breaths to adjust. She exited the craft last, helped out by Clint. Medics surrounded the group, it appeared that they'd been awaiting their arrival. They handed foil blankets to those of them who were wet, asking if any needed urgent assistance. Clint took the blanket that Wanda already had wrapped around her and handed it to someone else, replacing it with a foil one, before rubbing her upper arms lightly in an attempt to warm her up. He then placed a protective hand on her shoulder as they were guided into the nearest building.
As they walked, Wanda noticed that there was people everywhere, out on the helipad, inside the building. But they, of course, didn't look like usual citizens. They were suited up, or in lab jackets, or some kind of military uniform. They were all scanned by a machine as they moved further into the large building. This provided Wanda with the impression that they were somewhere important. Which was to be expected, what with being in the company of a King.
"I am leaving you all with Eniola. She will provide you with every thing you require whilst here." King T'Challa told them, gesturing to a middle-aged woman that had joined them on their walk. "Captain, someone will bring you to me once you are ready."
Steve nodded his head once. "Thank you for your hospitality, your highness."
T'Challa smiled at him, before leaving with his staff in tow.
"If you'd like to follow me." Eniola spoke, leading them on down the corridor. They all began to move off after her.
"I think you guys should get checked out by a medic." Steve told them as they walked. "Especially you, Sam and Clint."
"What about me?" Scott spoke up.
"You're genetically enhanced." Clint told him. "You'll be fine."
"Suck it up and have a hot bath." Sam grinned, slapping him on the shoulder.
Clint pulled the foil blanket back around Wanda's shoulders as he noticed it beginning to slip, and she gave him a small smile.
Steve also noticed this action, and he looked at Wanda for a moment, before turning to Eniola. "Is there any chance that we can have someone take a look at Wanda's straight-jacket? I think it's going to need its electronic code cracking."
Eniola nodded her head. "We have a very good team of technicians in our labs. I will take you both down there whenever you wish." She told him. "I'm going to show you all your accommodation now, though. There's hot water in the bathrooms, food in the refrigerators and spare clothing. If you ever need anything, there is a telephone in each room. Just dial nine-eight-triple zero to get in contact with me."
They took an elevator up three floors, and then they paused in a long corridor.
"The doors are unlocked right now. Upon entering the room there is a small panel on the left. Allow it to scan your thumb for future access back into your own room. We'd prefer it if you didn't wonder around the building alone, so if you wish for an escort, contact me." Eniola instructed, before giving them all a smile. "Go and rest up."