Flirty Little Red

"Sherlock, what do we do?" Uncle Watson asked.

"We blend in." He answered.

"Easier said than done." I muttered. Sherlock smiled.

"Oh come now, Jessica! It'll be fun!" He said. I looked at Uncle Watson. He shrugged. I shook my head.

"Alright. Lets go." I said, stepping out of the cab. Everyone around us was dresses like they had just walked out of the 1900s. They were all dressed as their clue characters.

"I didn't realize this was a cosplay con." I mumbled. There was even some gender bent versions of the characters. A girl in a silver wig, safari outfit, and a monocle, walked past, obviously imitating Col. Mustard. I wondered what her first name was.

"I feel so out of place." I stated.

"Welcome to my world." Uncle Watson mumbled. A dark haired woman, in a slinky red dress, who I could only assume was Ms. Scarlet, came up to us.

"Who are you guys supposed to be?" She asked.

"Um. We're from the limited edition, first run, 1989 version." I said. She smiled.

"Oh yeah! I've heard of that! You guys must be dedicated fans." She said.

"Oh defiantly! This is our first con, so we thought we'd make it special!" I told her. She nodded.

"I remember my fist con." She said sympathetically, "We'll have a nice time!" She said, trotting off to converse with Lady Mustard.

"How?" Uncle Watson demanded. I shrugged.

"People don't like to admit that they don't know about something, so I made it sound official, and she agreed." I shrugged.

"Amazing." He said. I blushed.

"It was quite brilliant." Sherlock said. I got even redder.

"So.. Should we split up, and ask people what they know about our Mr. Green?" I asked. Sherlock nodded, then disappeared into the crowd.

"Call If you need anything." Uncle Watson told me, then he was gone too. I clapped my hands once, and went to hang out by the snack bar. There was a bunch of Clue related foods on the table, but the best had to be the candy, shaped like Clue pieces.

"These are so cute." Commented a girl, about my age, with red, fizzy hair, kind of like mine.

"Aren't they?" I said. She smiled.

"Hi. My name's Anne. Anne Scarlet. What's your name?" She asked.

"Jessica Plum." I cringed. Seriously, Sherlock?

"Cool."

"No it isn't." She smiled sympathetically.

"What we need is a really good crime." I commented.

"A crime?" She asked. I smiled.

"Yeah. Like in Cluedo. A murder or something. Something we can solve. I'd rather be at a crime scene, then at this party." I told her. She laughed.

"Good! I'm not the only one!" I shook my head.

"No, my Uncle dragged me here." She nodded.

"My mom dragged me here. You might have seen her. Red cocktail dress, dark hair?" I nodded.

"Yeah, I saw her." She rolled her eyes.

"The entire convention's seen her." She said, " You're right. What we need is a crime. Did you hear about Mr. Green?" She asked. My eyebrows shot up, but I kept my calm.