I meet a Whovian cabbie

"Do you have everything packed?" Loupe asked the next morning.

"Yes." I replied.

"Are you mad?"

"Yes."

"I'm so-"

"Save it. I'm done with your excuses. I'm grateful that you took me in, but you never wanted me. Everyone knew it. You took me because you felt bad for me, and honestly, I can't stand your pity anymore. I'm glad I'm leaving. So we're both happy." I snapped. She gave me a sad look, but I didn't care.

"When's the taxi coming?" I asked.

"In about ten minutes."

"Good." I said, taking all of my stuff, and dragging it onto the front lawn. It wasn't much. Just a duffle bag filled with clothes. I sat it down on the grass, and plopped down onto it, and waited. The taxi got there ten minutes late.

"You my fare?" They guy asked when he pulled up. I nodded, grabbing my duffle and squeezing into the back seat.

"Where to?" He asked.

"The airport." I told him.

"Airport, huh? Where you headed?" He asked.

"London." I told him.

"London?! That's excitin'!" He said. I shrugged.

"Yeah, sure." I said.

"Oh, come on! You can't tell me that you ain't a little excited!" He said. I smiled.

"Maybe a bit." I admitted.

"See? What'd I tell ya? Lot a great things in London, man."

"Really? Like what?"

"Like what? Man, like the BBC! You ever seen the BBC?" I shook my head.

"Man, you gotta find a tv, and turn it to the BBC, that is prime television, right there! They got all kinds of stuff! Like Doctor Who! You ever seen Doctor Who?" I shook my head again.

"Dude! What'd you live in a box? Doctor Who is where it's AT, man!" He said. Honestly, just listening to him was making me feel better.

"What's it about?" I asked.

"What's it about? Darlin, you got three hours?" I laughed.

"You can't just HEAR about it. You gotta EXPERIENCE it. Everybody's Doctor Whospirience is different, you just gotta find yours." I smiled.

"I'll do that." I promised.

"You betta! Name's Iggy, by the way. You gotta name?" He asked.

"Jessica." I told him.

"Nice to meet you, Jessica."

"Yeah. It's nice to meet you too, Iggy."

__________________________