Chapter 41: Lovers & Friends

Start from the beginning

"Jakiyah, why would you think I would do anything with Trae? I would never do anything to come in between y'all." She stood next to me.

"I'm really tired, I've been out all day and I don't wanna talk about this."

"You know what, you're right. It's hot out here, and I know your hormones are all over the place." She went back to her car.

"Girl, my hormones are just fine, thank you." I shooed her away.

"You know you wrong as hell for that right? You can be mad at me all you want, but we wasn't doing shit so I don't know why you being all mean to her." Trae took the rest of the bags.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, stick up for her. And if y'all wasn't doing nothing then why would you say I can be mad at you?"

"I don't know, be mad at me for getting you pregnant or something. But she didn't do nothing." He snatched my keys to move my car into the driveway.

I just rolled my eyes and began to un-bag the groceries. I really hate when I get in these moods because it's hard to get over them. I'm 20 weeks pregnant, I should have my self under control by now, I think. And okay, maybe Sydney and Trae weren't doing anything; but both of them still should have answered their phones.

"My mama coming over in like a hour or two, so can you fix your attitude?" Trae walked into the kitchen.

"I don't have an...." I fixed my mouth.

"Trae!" I said with excitement.

"What?" He said with an attitude because he's obviously still upset with what I did.

"The baby! The baby just kicked me!" I touched my stomach to feel my baby kick for the first time.

Trae's face lit up as he came towards me with his hands out. He touched my belly and our son started kicking again. We instantly both started laughing. I can't believe this, my little man is getting big and strong. My doctor did tell me I would start to feel him kicking around 18-20 weeks, but I really wasn't expecting that. All the stuff I was upset about at first is out the window now.

"I'm gonna cook before your mom gets here." I smiled looking down at my stomach.

"You need help? Or can I go finish playing my game?" He rubbed my shoulders.

"Go play your game, but you owe me a back massage tonight."

"You can get more than that massaged, fat mama." He stuck his tongue out and proceeded to the living room.

I turned on a pot of boiling water and took out my chicken to clean and season. I then washed my hands and started to chop up red peppers and green onions. I don't even like peppers or onions, but I want this to have some kick to it since I've been craving spicy foods. I then salted my boiling water and added my pasta. While that's getting together I got out my ingredients for my cheesecake. That was really simple, I just mixed together everything and put it in the oven. Although I did have some issues at first with my chocolate crust, I got it together and it looks like peanut buttery goodness.

Now back to the pasta, I got another skillet to pour my heavy whipping cream in. I added my spices and herbs to the cream and stirred until it became thick. It smelt so good, my stomach was growling so loudly. I had my chicken cooking in a different skillet and once it was done I mixed it into the Alfredo sauce while I let my pasta drain. Finally I mixed it altogether adding parmesan, shredded Swiss cheese, and red pepper flakes. I looked in the oven to see my cheesecake was finished so I hurried to put it in the freezer. Just as I was about to make the salad, Trae's mother walks into the kitchen. She had tears in her eyes as she looked around.