Chapter 26: Aint 4 Me

4 Weeks Later

Trae's POV

A few weeks ago I felt as if the devil was busy in my life. Since then I did major praying, even went to church a few times. I almost caught a case because of Mike's death even though it wasn't my fault. Everyone in school was talking about how I had something to do with Chris killing Mike, they weren't even there to know what the fuck went down. They all talked shit about me, saying how I'm the snake and that I told Chris to pull the trigger. Jay told me everything she heard people gossiping about. Fuck them stupid ass kids, they don't know shit. After I settled some shit with the case, I even went as far as explaining to everybody why everything went down. I didn't owe them that, but I didn't want dirt on my name.

Because of them, I had to go to the police station and talk to the laws. They told me I wasn't under arrest, but I needed to answer all their questions. Of course they asked about the fight, I didn't want to talk about it but my moms and Jay said I should unless I wanted to go to jail. I wasn't trying to be charged with accessory, so I had to prove that I didn't know Chris was going to kill Mike. So much went on, and I had prove so much. Point by point I told them EVERYTHING that went down that week. I'm thanking God they let me go, cause for real for real they could've put my ass away for a long time. Another good thing is that there was so many people around when Mike got shot, enough witnesses told that I didn't intervene; Mike's mother surprisingly put in a good word for me, says my moms. Bro, I'm glad that shit over for me.

Chris on the other hand, he got 40 years plus life. Trial didn't last long for him and last week they moved him to the prison. I sent him a letter to tell him to keep his head up and that whenever I can I'll put some money on his books. I realized Chris was only trying to have my back and he fucked over his own life. Today I got a letter back from him that read:

Wuzzam bro! You know me, I'm a stay strong through this. And don't blame yourself for this because I put myself in this situation. Continue to live your life, I know you'll make the best out of it. You got a girl that love you so be good to her, I never told you this but when y'all first got together she told me to make sure you was good. I did just that and now I have to serve my time. Some people may say I'm crazy, they just don't know loyalty. I'm willing to die for mines and when I was hurting, you was always the nigga to make sure everybody was straight. That's why I'm not tripping. But my lawyer said if I'm good in here my time could get cut, I guess that's a good thing. Keep it G though my dude and remember I'm a be straight so don't beat yourself up about something I did.
-Chris

Mike's funeral was last week too. I didn't go because I just couldn't see him like that. I've been having nightmares since that day, but things are seeming to go back to normal. On the real, I really gotta thank Jakiyah. She held it down for me, that's love. When I came to her house crying we sat on the porch for hours, and she let me cry out all my frustrations. It wasn't until around 10 when her moms told her to come in the house. After that I didn't go back to my uncle crib, I drove back home and sat in the car until the sun came up.

Since then I guess my mama kind of forgave me. In a few we heading out so my mama can convince my principal to let me back in school. The principal didn't even want me to go to the meeting so I'm sure she not gone let me back in. I'm going to try to be on my best behavior when I get there.

"You ready?" My moms asked.

"Yeah. Even though I don't really wanna go."

"Well Trae you need to be in school." She grabbed her purse.

I sighed and walked behind her. I know my mama trying to look out for me, but I really don't care about school. Most of the time it's hard for me to focus because it's too many distractions, and plus the teachers hardly teach anything. And it always seem like I'm getting in trouble for no reason.