Chapter 13: Free Me

I can't believe what Trae has done. I mean, yeah people always tell me how much of a hoe he is, but I never would have guessed that I would catch him in the act. The look on his face was so shocking, it was like he knew he effed up. I can't get myself to stop crying, I'm so sensitive towards this type of stuff. After opening up to him, it's like none of that meant anything to him.

"I'm spending the night over here because I don't want you crying all night." Sydney said, rubbing my back.

"How could he do this to me? He smiled in my face like everything was all good and then turned around and messed with some nasty female. He so lucky I really ain't get hood with him, cause that lil hitting on him was nothing." I wiped my face.

"You just need to leave Trae alone. He's not for you Jay. That's just how he is, I can't really make up an excuse for him." She shook her head.

"Man, I really like him. I know I told him off at the hotel, but I really wanna talk to him, to see where his heads at." I was talking so stupid right now, but I really did want to talk to Trae.

"Girl! Are you crazy? Why would you want to see where his head is at? You just caught him with some bop. What's there to talk about? That's my brother and I love him, but you and I both know he was wrong for that shit. Snap out of it, I'm pretty sure his dick ain't that good."

"You're right. Fuck him.." I sat there dazed.

Sydney just looked at me, I know she could tell that I really wanted to hear from Trae. I don't know why, but I just want to hear him beg like he did earlier. I want him to apologize over and over again. I know I need to come to reality and stop talking to him. I sat there and wondered if the sex was really worth all of this. It's like when we're together he fills a hunger that I have, and I'll miss that. He may not be good for me, but I love that guilty pleasure.

Trae: Can we talk... I can't even sleep without getting this off my chest... (12:44 am)

Trae: I know you mad, I would be too. Can I call you? 😞🙏🏾 (12:46 am)

"Jakiyah, I'm serious, you better not reply to him. Trae is not a child, he knows right from wrong. And you should know not to fall for that sad face shit." Sydney says irritated at her play brother.

3 Missed Call From: Trae (12:58 am)

Trae: Mane, I don't usually do this blowing people up and shit but I feel like I owe you an apology... I'll understand if you don't wanna be with me after this 😕 I wanna work it out but it's whatever.... Tonight was a BIG mistake on my behalf!! I should have never went to that party knowing what was going down. I was off the drugs and I wasn't in my right mind. No female can take your place, real shit. In a short period of time me and you have grown to be so close, it's crazy. I told you shit I wouldn't tell anybody, especially the stuff about my pops. What I'm tryna say is that I wanna settle down, like be serious with you, fuxk all the extra💯💯. I see you not playing games and you more mature than the other girls I been with and I respect that. To lay it all out on the table I slept with like 2 other females since I been with you ☹️🙁. I just want a fresh start and wanted to let you know this shit before somebody come running they mouth. Aye, I hope you read this and accept my apology. I had a talk with my moms and I'm trying to get better. 💯 now I'll leave you alone and hope that you say some back. (1:10 am)

I read the long message Trae sent me and started to tear up again. I was trying to think of something to say before Sydney snatched my phone.

"You gone reply to him after he just did that?" She read the message as she talked to me.

"I was. Should I?" I was confused and honestly wanted to know what to do.

"If you want, I don't care. I wouldn't, but that's your decision." She looked down at her phone to see Trae sent her a message too.