Chapter 37: Valuable

Start from the beginning

(Starfire)

"I'm sorry." the last words I heard before fading out.

 My head ached and my body was on fire from the pain.

I cannot imagine the pain I was in when I was in Trigon's control. And now I can feel my hands, my legs, my heart beating.

Star.." a distant voice called out to me and I wanted to open my eyes

"Starfire!" I peered and saw Raven and Blackfire. Looking at me with concern and happiness. But there was something in their eyes that also hid. Pain?

"You came back!" Raven hugged me. I know how much she missed me with a single hug. I can hear her sniffing and sighing.

"Sister." Blackfire looked at me proudly. She was in a cast and a lot of bandages but her smile showed every emotion. Happiness and gratitude.

"I'm sorry for the pain I put you through." her eyes widened. Then she smiled and patted my head. Her eyes were hiding something.

"Where...is Robin?" They both looked at each other and at me. Raven can't look at me striahgt in the eye and Blackfire was rubbing her injured arm.

"Starfire...before you left—" there was big loud bang on the outside and Raven perked up.

"the other titans! we need to help them!" I wanted to hear more of what Blackfire said but I can see that the others needed help as well.

"Can you help us Starfire?" I nodded and stood up. I am still weak and my body might be fragile for now but I am a hero. And heroes are this world's modern saviors.

(Blackfire)

I looked at Starfire fight. It was as if she wasn't really injured at all. But a few times she would run out of breath and looked pained but she endured it all.

"Can you tell her?" I looked at Raven. She has this look in her eyes. Pure distaste and anger. But also sadness and pain.

"I can't—she just—" Raven looked worried. In all my days I can see her being neutral and anti-social. So full of mystery and secrets but her emotions now are showing. her eyes expressed pain and sadness. her lips quivered but she managed to not show it by biting her lips or sealing it shut.

"How could we tell her that the guy who saved her. Just disappeard the moment she woke up." She said. I remember Robin holding Starfire back in her mind. My body fading before I could finish my sentence.

"You need to give...something...valuable..something..." but then before I could finish my sentence I was gone. I woke up in the real world holding unto Raven's hand that helped me enter her mind.

"Did you warn him?" she looked at me.

"I can't—I didn't finish it." I rubbed my forehead. It was stupid. I shoul've spoke faster. i should've talked more!

"something valuable to sacrifice...but to do so, you have to face the consequences. You have to cease to exist." Raven finished.

I looked at Starfire. She kept on glancing at the tower, maybe hoping the man who has saved him, the one who now ceased to exist will still be there waiting for her.

________________________________________

this was a quick update and I know its pretty short

I'll uodate as soon as I can seeing my summer classes are about to end and I now have a lot of free time in my hands.

Thanks for the previous votes and follows guys

until the next update...ciao <3