Chapter 8: The Kiss of a Dream

Start from the beginning

A small shiver crawled underneath her skin as Lynn matched his movement, clawing his biceps with a squeeze and then sliding her hands up his chest to behind the nape of his head. She ran her hands through his hair, earning a deep groan from River.

The music faded in the background, nearing to its end when Lynn suddenly gripped the hair and the back of his head and yanked him away from her.

Lynn stepped back from his embrace as she gasped for air. River watched her with a hungry look in his eyes and yet a distasteful aftertaste in his mouth as Lynn took the rose from his hand and bring it to her swollen lips. Lynn smelled the rose and then proceeded to kiss the luscious velvet petals all the while looking fixedly at River without blinking. River stood still as though hypnotized as he watched Lynn gliding the flower over her lips in a teasing manner, down her neck and then in between the scandalous showing of cleavage.

River took a step forward just as Lynn took one back. She raised an eyebrow, daring him to come closer with a smirk on her face. Wanting to show exactly what it was like to play with fire, River took a purposeful stride forward as he reached out to grab her. But to no avail, Lynn was one step ahead of him and she turned around and darted out the room with her laughter echoing off.

Grinning widely, River took off after her. His blood pumped feverishly, loving the chase as he followed the sounds of giggling and heels clicking on the floor. He ran down the hall of the mansion and caught the tail of Lynn's dress that disappeared into the right hall down the end of where he was.

Tailing after her, River turned into the right hallway with Lynn nowhere in sight and all sounds had stopped altogether. River came to a stop as confusion crossed his mind. She couldn't have gone far. Surely she must be in one of the three rooms in the dead end hall. Walking to the first door, River opened it and flicked on the lights. Scanning the room swiftly, River saw no one in the empty room. Closing the door after turning off the lights, River made his way towards the second room. As he walked closer, the clattering resonating from the third room caught his attention. Got her now. River slowly crept up to the last remaining door as more clattering can be heard.

Confusion arose as the closer River got, the louder the noise got. The noise morphed itself into lowly moans and River gulped down to soothe his rapidly drying throat. It couldn't be... No... Please

Standing in front of the door, River took in a deep breath before placing his now ice cold hand on the door knob. Twisting it in one go, River pushed the door open and froze in abhorrence. His eyes burned as if fire were placed directly on his eyes when he saw Lynn's state of euphoria from being pleasured by a stranger. Her loud cries reverberated from the room as she kept demanding more.

Rage and disgust flooded his bloodstream as he felt a slow aching pain in his chest. River clenched his fist, aggression fueling his anger and River was bloodthirsty for violence. He wanted to break something, hit someone. Who? River didn't know. Did he want to pummel the stranger who was f-cking Lynn senselessly? Or himself for being so pathetic?

The more River thought about it all the while watching the horror that presented itself in the shape of Lynn in the act of being literally pounded, the angrier he felt. Fire ignited under his skin, crawling over every inch of his body and his vision blacked out. All he could hear was his blood pulsing thickly in his ear.

Damage.  Destruction. River wanted to destroy something...anything. At this point he was like a blinded animal gone mad. Allowing his instinct to take over control. He was about to stride over when he heard something.

A voice. As sweet as honey. As decadent as chocolate melting on your tongue.

"River!"