Chapter 8: The Kiss of a Dream

Start from the beginning

"River," Lynn called out as she walked into the dark room .The only light illuminating the room was from the moonlight that permeated through the open windows and the slight breeze of the cool night made the curtains dance to its tune.

"Are you there?" Lynn walked deeper into the room, the sounds of her heels hitting off the floor with a clank. River stood by in the darkness, watching his beautiful girlfriend calling out to him. Her eyebrows furrowed together when she was met with no answer, a look of annoyance masking her sharp features. "Argg, what game are you playing River? Just come out already!"

River's chest vibrated from holding in his laughter and he slowly breathed in without making any noise in order not to give himself away.

"Baby please. What are you doing?" Lynn huffed as she waited for a minute. "Fine, I can play this game too. I'm leaving."  Turning around to do exactly as she said, Lynn took a couple of steps forward when a clicking sound made her stop in her tracks.

Lynn waited, not daring to turn back around. Another clicking sound was made causing faint orange light to lit up, contrasting the moonlight-tinted room. Holding her breath, soft music started playing in the background.

Turning around, Lynn came to face with River dressed in a tux, radiating under the majestic glass chandelier that seemed lighten up until the entire room brighten up. Lynn's eyes widened when she saw the collage of pictures that encased the entire wall behind where River stood that made out to be a portrait of herself.

As the lyrics started, River stepped towards Lynn with a single red rose in hand.

♪♪♪Settle down with me

Cover me up

Cuddle me in

Lie down with me

And hold me in your arms♪♪♪

Lynn's breath hitched with every step River took until he stood right in front of her. Leaning down, River enveloped his arms around her waist, pressing Lynn flush against him and he brought his lips to her ear, blowing lightly before pressing a kiss to her neck matching the lyrics.

♪♪♪And your heart's against my chest

Your lips pressed to my neck

I'm falling for your eyes

But they don't know me yet

And with a feeling I'll forget

I'm in love now♪♪♪

Gently grazing his lips on her neck, he peppered his way upwards until he reached her dark red lips. River licked her bottom lip once and then bit down, causing a gasp from Lynn. Upon the parting of her lips, River crushed his mouth to hers in a bruising kiss.

♪♪♪Kiss me like you wanna be loved

You wanna be loved

You wanna be loved

This feels like falling in love

Falling in love

Falling in love♪♪♪

Sucking her lips, River tighten his hold on Lynn and continued to play with her mouth, his tongue tasting her hot cavern as he deepened the kiss to show Lynn just how much she meant to him. River waited for the urge of yearning to outburst. He waited for the fervent desire to have her, to need her jot down his body like sparks of fire and overtake his consciousness and control but somehow things didn't feel right. Instead it felt like he was making a mistake. There was an itch in the back of his mind that nagged him to stop. That shuddered in disgust. But River pushed it aside, stamping on it to make it disappear.