The Dragon's Keeper: 2: Prefect Duties

Start from the beginning

Brown's eyes showed surprise, her teeth bared under the strained smile, "I'm sure I could wait, Ronnie and I have SO much to catch up on." I caught that. Emphasis: ME and RONNIE.

"It's okay Lavender. I'll just talk to you later." Ron agreed, giving a quick peck to her cheek. He sat down with Hermione, oblivious to the electricity between her and Brown. I swear if I had to touch Hermione on the arm I would be electrocuted dead on the spot.

Lavender gasped as if betrayed. I actually felt kind of bad for her since Ron was as clueless as any man would be. But then again, I'm all for Hermione and Ronald being together...

"Wait, Lavender why-"

"Don't speak to me RONALD Weasly!" She yelled furiously, alerting Seamus and Neville to look back at us. Their gazes followed her until she sat down. Then they flipped their attention to me in question.

I merely rolled my eyes to Ron and Hermione and they immediately caught on.

Ron stared owlishly at his girlfriend's back, still clueless. "Did I do something wrong?"

Harry grinned, shaking his head. He vaguely noted, "You're quite the love machine Ronnie boy."

"What did I do?" He asked again, looking at each of our amused faces.

I didn't want to say anything since Hermione would KILL me if I brought up any feelings. She'd absolutely murder me in my sleep with some torturous spell.

When no one answered, Ron turned to Mione. "What'd I do?"

"Bugger off Ron."

"But-why? What did I do?!"

Harry cracked a smile, before being forced by me to look to the front of the dining hall.

"Look! He's just adorable!" I giggled, pointing at the little boy in his cloak and hat near Mrs. Potts. "Look at those red cheeks and hair. He looks just like Ron!"

Ron stared incredulously at me, muttering a few words, before taking his own glance at the little ginger. His brows furrowed in disbelief at the comparison. "What? No, I was much more handsome." He scoffed, pounding his chest once. "I'm the only ginger who could pull the hair off."

"Oh really," Chimed two similarly sounding boys. "Were we not good looking chaps?"

"No." Ron said indignantly. "You both have floppy ears."

"By George, I think he's joking!" Fred feigned shock.

"And I thought we we're jokesters." George laughed, wrapping his arm casually over his twin's shoulder. "I guess our little brother is following our path. Wait til mum hears about this."

"Oh boy..." Hermione grinned, shaking her head.

"She'll have a fit!" They laughed at the same time.

"I love your family Ron. It's so diverse!" I cried, almost doubling over in laughter.

"You don't have to be with them every day." He complained. The twins grinned smugly, obviously knowing their place in my heart. They would sit as jesters in my kingdom.

They bent over and kissed either side of my cheek simultaneously. "You're our favorite little June-bug."

Ron guffawed. "I bet you'd change your mind about these two if you knew all their secrets. Once mum said she found them in her closet, dressed up in heels and dresses. She swore they were meant to be twin girls. Swore it."

"Really now? That's so cute!" Harry burst of laughing again. "You could have been Fredilina and Georgina!"

The twins gaped at their brother in mock betrayel. "You really want to start telling secrets?" George asked threateningly. "Because..."