"I just can't believe he never told me! Nobody's here, will you come, Courtney? I feel so lonely." Meredith ranted on, not having picked up Courtney's earlier question.

"I'll be there very soon, Mer. Just hold on a little longer." Courtney ended the call with a sigh. She went with her hands through her hair, feeling angry and stressed. She honestly couldn't believe that Derek lied to them like that. She had put her trust in the man, hoping that he would continue to make Meredith happy. She deserved that. However, he had betrayed both of their trusts and Courtney already knew that she needed to have a little talk with the neurosurgeon. She stood in front of her chair, facing Ashely. "I'm so sorry, but I'll have to cut our date a little bit short. My sister really needs me, so I hope you won't mind."

"It's not a problem, honestly. I had a really great time, Courtney, and I hope that we do this again?" Courtney smiled at him as she was gathering her things. She put on her beige trench coat and walked over to Ashley, softly touching his shoulder. He looked up at her and the two of them shared a genuine smile. It reached their eyes. That tiny thing gave him his answer. They had bonded during their date and Courtney knew that this might be the start of something new for her. She waved him goodbye as she left the Italian restaurant.

She drove her car – she and Ashely had both driven their cars there, Ashely had shown the way of course – to Joe's bar and rushed in. Her eyes landed on her sister, who was currently sitting next to Cristina, who had arrived a couple of minutes before Courtney had. The blonde felt relieved that Cristina was there as well. She was walking to her sister, who hadn't seen her yet, when Joe started groaning and holding his head in pain. A patron asked if he was alright, but before Joe could answer, he fell over on the floor. Cristina, Courtney and Meredith immediately ran over to him and George joined them as well. The bar owner tried to get up again. "Joe, lie back down." Cristina ordered, but he refused to listen and sat back up.

Someone in the bar yelled out that the medics had been called, which wasn't something that Joe had wanted, "You called the gurney patrol?" He sighed and went with his hand through his hair. He really didn't want to go to the hospital. All four of the interns were checking on Joe and telling him that he needed tests.

"You're sleeping with someone?" The eldest Grey suddenly questioned her best friend, which made the youngest rais her eyebrows. She had obviously missed some things while she had been out with Ashley.

"Wait, what? You're sleeping with someone? Who?" A surprised Courtney asked at the same time that George asked those same two questions. They both looked stared at Cristina, who rolled her eyes at them.

"Why is that such a shock? Even George managed to get some action."

"Correction. George got some syphilis."

"How could I not know, you were sleeping with someone?" Meredith asked her best friend as she looked at her.

"Forget this." Joe said after hearing the whole conversation. He had enough and slowly stood up against the four intern's wishes. "The hospital is right across the street. I can sure as hell walk across the street by myself." He started walking out the door with Cristina muttered something, which Courtney couldn't hear. George handed Meredith and Cristina their jackets, Courtney still had hers on.

"No, I got him. Joe!" Courtney heard George yell, before he ran out the door following the bar owner. After exiting the bar, they walked through the rain towards the hospital. Cristina had put her hood back on, while Meredith stumbled next to her sister under the latter's umbrella. Courtney had her available arm wrapped around her sister's waist to make sure that she didn't fall. The blonde heard Meredith whisper a thank you and an I love you, which made her smile. When the hospital entry was finally in sigh, they ran inside as quickly as they could. Meredith had sobered up a little bit and immediately turned around to face Cristina.