Bittersweet Moments

Warning(s): Tony being a matchmaker, other than that none.

Word Count: 3948 Words.

Anything Italics and between the *stars* is a nightmare/dream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Previously~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A sudden crash is heard from the other side of the wall. Natasha and Bucky quickly move to find the cause, only to see you and Loki come crashing through the wall. You were in tiger form, and he had his full armor on. Loki was about to hit you with his scepter, again, but Bucky had caught it with his metal arm.

"Stop it, both of you!" Natasha moved to separate the two of you, pulling Loki away by the ear. You heard her yelling at him in another language. 'Ooo, she's mad.'

Bucky looked at your rubble-covered fur, coming to a stop when he saw blood. He bent down, examining the large, shallow cut you had received. He was about to go grab a bandage wrap, but something happened. Your cut had healed completely. He brushed his hand against your side, wondering if he had just hallucinated it, but a small amount of blood still stained your fur.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Before that~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loki glares down at you, fury blazing in his emerald orbs. He no longer is in his 'People cloths,' as Tony calls them, but instead he wears his armor and cape. A scepter begins to appear - one end has a sharp point, and the other is flat, like a spear almost - shimmering like a mirror trick. His scepter begins to glow blue as he takes slow steps toward you. The shadows on his face making him seem all the more menacing.

"You dare challenge me, wench?" He barks, continuing his forward assault. You stand your ground, but find it hard to keep eye contact with him. You opt to look at the ground for now.

"Y-yes!" You shout, startling both you and Loki, mustering up all the courage you had. "I do." You mutter, clenching your fists.

You don't know when, or how, but you are suddenly aware of Loki standing over you. He points his scepter over your heart. You feel a surge of painful energy, before your tiger form takes over. Your hind legs pushing him back as you growl. In the next instant, you are leaping at him, claws extended for attack.

Loki stood still for a moment, seemingly in a trance. Had you really just beaten the Tesseract's power over the mind? He wasn't just seeing things was he? No. He had definitely seen you writhe in pain before becoming a tiger.

In his daze, Loki doesn't notice your forceful impact to his chest until he hits the ground. It was a painful way to be snapped back into reality, but it did the trick. You growl lowly as you pin his shoulders to the floor, hoping that he would stay there, admit defeat, something. It was a short-lived victory.

Loki, still being able to move his arms, thrusts his scepter at your side. You try to jump away from it, but still receive a, rather large, cut. Loki takes this chance to throw you off, sending you into a nearby object, which happened to be the glass coffee table in the Lounge. Tony looks down at you with a face of absolute terror. Not from you and Loki fighting. Oh no. But from his poor coffee table being demolished.

"You see, this is why I can't have nice things!" Tony screams to no one in particular. You growl in response, shaking the broken glass off your fur. 'Yes Tony, I'll be fine- Not like there is glass stabbing me, or anything like that.'

You decide to charge at Loki, dodging his repeated attacks. You are able to land a few attacks on him, before he whacks your head with his scepter. You slid against the floor into a wall, noticing stars when you stand back up. The next thing you remember is crashing through the wall, and Bucky standing next to you. His metallic hand brushing against your side is the last feeling you have before things go black.