Prelude

(Okay I'm trying something different, I'm using first person present tense. So Yep. Anyway hope you enjoy)

Prelude

"He's not normal!" My mom shouts at my father, "He's a demon spawn, where the fuck is he from Gerald?!"

"Wait honey." Dad says softly trying his best to sooth her, but it wasn't doing a bit of good because she was still freaking out.

"Wait what! When will be the next time he kills one of us!" She raises her voice into a shriek, I wince at the sound. I am sitting on the stairs listening to my parents argue, what they are yelling about? Well they're yelling about me.

"I don't think it was something that he knew of sweetie." Dad steps forward and tries to touch my mom, but she whacks his hands away and glares at dad.

"That child isn't mine. He never was!" She hisses, "You know that maybe it's time you tell Cameron where his real mommy is." Mom- no I guess ex-mom shouts, she turns and stomps upstairs. She catches me watching them when she walks up the stairs, "I want him out of my house." Ex-mom says in a 'you better listen to me or else.' voice.

I blink a few times trying to recall how in the hell this happened, I'm actually getting thrown out of this house?

"Do I have to leave?" I ask my father who was staring down at the wooden floors of the house, he looks up at me and sighs.

"Yeah. I am sorry." He tells me, "Pack your things now, and then I'll tell you what's going on. "

I open my mouth like a fish, I was so confused. I didn't mean to kill Michel it wasn't my fault, I told him not to look in my eyes, but he did. I pursed my lips and get to my feet. I walk back into my room and get my things together. I pack a bag of my essentials as well as two sketch pads I had gotten for my sixteenth birthday three months ago. I put on my favorite coat , I grab my phone and wallet that had my credit card and fifty dollars in it. It also had my license in it.

I walk down stairs, my father waves his hand at me to follow him. I walk over to him, he sighs and closes his eyes.

"Look, I never wanted this to happen, but because of everything that happened today I have to tell you." He says as we walk out to his car, we got in.

"Okay?" I inquire and wait.

He backs out of the driveway, and heads north. I frown wondering where we were going. North was always out of town. "Dad?" I ask.

"Don't call me that, I am not your dad, and you're adopted. " He shrugs, "Your parents were actually best friends of mine, well at least your dad was. That was before they both took to much for what they gambled and they were killed."

"How?"

"All I know is that they were trying to keep something safe, and they paid a big price for it." Ex-dad says.

"Oh... So why did you never tell me?" I ask.

"Because we thought we could keep you safe, but that's to hard on us. We don't know how to deal with what you are." He says.

"And what am I?"

Gerald purses his lips with a sigh, he licks his lips in thought then he says, "I know your dad wasn't human, I don't know what your parents are, but they weren't human."

"Oh..." I look outside the window when we were surrounded by vasts of woods. "Where are you taking me?"

"I'm taking you to a place where you can learn to control with whatever things you have." Gerald glances over to me with his dark green eyes.

I nod silently freaking out inside, yes this whole cool act is just an act. I am freaking out like no other. So I'm not human? My parents aren't my parents? What the heck? I'm so confused. I bite my bottom lip, this all happened because I didn't know what I was doing. Heck I still don't know what I'm doing, I'm just a kid.

It is an hour later when we pull into a long dirt drive way, I lean forward trying to figure out what was at the end.

"Sit back." Gerald tells me to do. I ignore him, who is he to tell me what to do? He's not my dad anymore.

As we get to the end, I make out a large house, maybe mansion? At the end of the driveway, I tilt my head to the side curiously. It it brick covered with vines, like those mansions that you see in movies, those beautiful houses that end up being haunted. I shiver at the thought, I really hope this place wasn't haunted, just one more thing I will have to deal with.

Gerald pulls up to the front steps, he kills the gas and gets out of the car. I get out with him and shut my door, the entryway was huge. It has a bunch of beautiful rose bushes covering it all the colors ranging from red to violet. They are beautiful. Gerald walks up to the door and knocks.

It was a few minutes before the door opens, a boy around my age opens the door. He had long white hair and icy blue eyes, he was wearing a three piece suit, all black besides his tie which was all yellow with a weird symbol in the middle near the bottom. He looks at us with a glare, he is also taller than me too.

"What do you want?" He asks with a cool voice that matches his eyes.

"Could we see your mistress?" Gerald says.

The boy frowns at him then sighs, "I'll get her, please come in." He says now with a nicer tone. I stare at him in confusion as he turns and runs up stairs.

It was a moments later when a woman came down stairs, I stare at her. Wasn't the Mistresses of these things supposed to be ugly? I wonder. The woman was beautiful, she has dark chocolate brown hair that waves down and cups her face in a bob, she wore a beautiful red and black dress. She looks like she isn't wearing heels, at least this beautiful woman knew comfort. The woman also has deep blue eyes like the ocean.

"What are you doing here?" She asks taking not with her eyes looking at both of us.

"Are you Heather May?" Gerald asks.

"Yes?"

"I am Gerald Eva, I was told to bring him here is something happened."

Heather frowns taking a look at me, she looks at my mismatched eyes curiously with a small smile. My eyes are weird, one was bloody red and the other was black. One I think can tell the future and the other can kill people as well as tell when someone's death is coming. That is at least what I figured out since I was born. "What happened?" She asks.

"Well he killed my son." Gerald explains simply.

"He doesn't have control?" She asks not looking surprised that I killed someone. "I guess he wouldn't. So you're going to leave him here?"

"Yes."

"You do know if you do this you can't talk to him or see him or take him out of this place right?" She asks.

"I know, I'm not too concerned, his real parents are dead."

"Well he certainly doesn't look like you." She smirks, "He's too pretty."

Gerald frowns and then shakes his head, "So can I leave now?"

"Hold on." She says and pulls out a pen from in between her breasts and the boy who came down with her gave her a rolled up piece of paper. "Sign this."

"Okay." He says then takes the pen and signs it. "You better be good." Gerald tells me, I just glare at him. I couldn't believe this was happening. My life was definitely falling apart at sixteen, I don't know if I'm being melodramatic or something, but that is what it feels like.

When the door shuts, the woman named Heather looks at me. "Come along." She tells me as she walks up stairs. I nod and walk up stairs hoping that things will get better. But I am not sure about that.