My Girl

•Luke's POV•

"Guys are we going or not??" Beau screams from downstairs. To be honest, I don't really want to go out. I just wanna stay home, wrapped up in my blankets thinking about Cody. I know I shouldn't dwell on the past but I just fucking miss her.

"Yeah. I'm coming." I state as I stroll down the stairs reluctantly. "Where are we going anyway?"

"There is this mini concert going on at Benny's and I thought we all need a night out." Beau explains as I come to a stop in front of my four brothers.

"Oh okay. Lets go then." Jai commands while walking out of the front door.

~•~•~

The slow beat of a drum and the angelic chords of a piano, echo in my ears as we come to the door. Pulling it open, Cody stands on the stage dressed in skinny jeans and a tank. The microphone stand is clutched between her hands as she sings a song that I don't know the words to. Even though I have no idea what the title of the is, the chorus stands out loud and clear, Cody needs an angel or a miracle, one of the two.

It comes to an end and she reaches for an acoustic guitar and a stool. Her beautiful eyes become glossy as she sings the chorus

"It makes your lips, so kissable

And your kiss, unmissable

Your fingertips, so touchable

And your eyes, irresistible."

As she continues on into the next verse, tears begin to fall down my cheeks.

"I've tried to ask myself, should I see someone else?

I wish I knew the answer."

Does Cody want to see other guys? Does she want to move on from our relationship? Move on from me? Does she want to have a break? or does she want to remain single while I go insane?

"It's in your lips and in your kiss

It's in your touch and your fingertips

And it's in all the things and other things that make you who you are

And your eyes

Irresistible,"

I can feel my heart shattering even more as she completes the bridge. Her fingers dance over the six strings and then they stop completely. Cody stands up abruptly, running off stage I can just make out tears sliding down her face.

My feet move before my brain can process what I am doing. My footsteps increase as the love of my life slips further and further away from me. Her chocked sobs echo around me as I become exactly behind her.

What the hell am I doing??

She turns around slowly and I know I have to act fast in order to tell her how I feel.

Opening my arms I bring her closer to my body. Oh how I've missed this. As her body trembles within my arms I go over my confession.

I start with my apology. It's the most important.

"I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive you." Cody mumbled into my chest. I can feel my heart breaking even more from her choice of words.

I pour my heart out to her, my confession expanding as I list out everything I miss.

The crowd begins to chant for her to get back on stage, to finish the promised concert. Inhaling a deep breath and the exhaling it, my jaw moves without me thinking.

"Cody... I love you," I whisper for her ears only. Her body becomes rigid at my words. She's frozen in place as I unwrap my arms. Her mouth open and closes like a fish, no sound coming out. Her eyes focus on something behind but all I am worrying about now is the fact that I've only gotten silence as an answer. I'm aware that she needs time, time to think things through, to think about us and to decide whether she wants to stay with me or not. If I was her I wouldn't stay with me, I was such an ass to her when everything went downhill and now I'm paying the consequences of my careless actions. But what really sucks about this situation is that I ant remember a damn thing of what happened that night. It sucks dick and if I could, I would rewind time.

•~•~•

With each new song that Cody performs, I fall in love with her even more. I've always known that Cody can sing, it's her passion, but hearing her sing live and singing these heartbreaking songs, it's just breaking my heart even more.

I think I've had about four alcoholic drinks, I seem to be drinking a lot more since everything happened, and my head is already pounding. I need to get this jackhammer out of my head. Like now.

"Thank you." Wait what?! Is the show over? What did I miss?? My beautiful girl walks off stage, her hands a shaking as the lights turn back on. I have to blink a few times before my eyes adjust to the bright light. She turns to her band 'mates', her perfect lips form words that my fuzzy vision can't read.

The clanking of heels invades my ears and I have to cover them so my headache doesn't increase.

"Luke?? Are you drunk??" A soft, melodic voice asks me.

"Ya.. I don't kow, proba-" My voice slurs from the alcohol in my system.