Marriage and Movies

•Cody's POV•

"YOU'RE WHAT!!!???" I shriek down the phone line at my best friend. "You.... you.... you're getting married to Riley??" I inquire, trying so hard to not sound jealous.

"Yeah he proposed last week." Casey admits from the other line.

"YOU'RE ENGAGED AND YOU FAILED TO MENTION THIS!!!???" I scream as I put my phone on speaker.

"Yeah and I'm so sorry but I thought that with all this drama with Luke that it wasn't that important."

"NOT IMPORTANT!!!?? YOU THINK THAT GETTING MARRIED IS NOT IMPORTANT!!!??" My shrill voice echoes around my empty flat.

"Yeah. I was wondering though... Will you be my maid of honour?? And sing as well??" Casey's voice rushes through the crackly speaker.

"Casey... I'd love to be your maid of honour." I tell my best friend. A huge grin almost splits my mouth in half. "And I'd be honoured to sing at your wedding." I add.

"Yayayayayaya!!!!! Thank You SO much Cody!!!" Casey replies.

"Haha it's okay Casey. Look I've got to go now but we'll talk later kay??" I ask Casey. I'm feeling a little distracted at the moment.

"Yeah sure. I've got to talk to Riley anyway. Bye babes." The line goes dead before I get to say anything else.

What should I do now? I don't want to talk to Luke as we haven't really contacted each other since.... since I attacked him in a hug. It's been awkward. And now, now I'm alone with nothing to do. Maybe I'll go to the club or maybe the bar or even the cinema.

Strolling towards my tiny wardrobe, a thought flashes across my mind.

I'm all alone tonight.

As I throw open the heavy doors, dresses, skirts and shirts leak my favourite fabric freshener, Lavender. The sweet scent fills my nostrils and I can't help but smile.

Clasping different fabrics between my fingertips, I roll the pads of my fingers over the different materials. Lace, chiffon, denim, polyester, cotton, poler fleece, satin; all these different materials feel so weird being mushed together between my fingertips.

Pulling out a tank top and a jean jacket, I take baby steps to my drawers. Black, pastel pink, baby blue, white, grey, navy, blue; all these different colours to choose from!! Deciding on black jeans to wear, I also get the essential undergarments to put on underneath everything. Walking toward the bathroom, my clothes, comb and phone are bundled up in my arms.

Flicking on the water and turning on the fan, I turn up my music on full blast. Hiding the slick piece of technology under my clothing, I hop into the hot shower.

"Ooh girl you're shining, like a fifth avenue diamond,
And they don't make you like they used to, you're never going out of style

Ooh pretty baby, this world might of gone crazy, the way you save me, who could blame me? When I just wanna make you smile." I belt out the lyrics to 'Classic' by MKTO, my new favourite song.

Lathering my vanilla scented shampoo in my hands, I massage it through my roots, slowly working them down to the base of my neck. Rinsing it all out, the hot water burns my back. Letting out a little yelp, I continue to run conditioner through my ends. Reaching for the bar of soap, the song changes to Burn. Boogying in the small shower, I run the bar up and down my arms, cleaning away the dirt and other unclean things. Reaching for my razor, I bop my head to the slow beat. Leaning all my weight on my right leg, I drag my sharp razor up my left leg, cutting the hairs. After shaving both of my legs and washing my feet, I shave under my arms. With my skin silky smooth, I wash my parts and rinse the soap off. Squirting my facial scrub and rubbing the micro beads between my fingers, I massage it over my face, hoping it will get rid of my blackheads and oil.

~•~•

I feel like a proper girl, being all dolled up like I am. It's very rare when I get all dressed nicely and have make up on my face but I feel like being extra girly tonight.

With my boots tightly tied and my wet hair combed and detangled, I walk out of my flat, down the hall and into the world.

It's funny because I'm twenty two and I don't even own a car or drivers licence. I should probably look into that. Waving my arm furiously in the warm Melbourne air, a taxi pulls to a stop. Giving the driver my destination, I settle in the back and listen to the crappy music blaring from the radio speakers.

"Here we are Miss. That'll be twenty dollars please." The taxi driver ask politely.

"Here you go and thank you." I add with a smile. Pulling my jacket tighter around my bodice, I enter the old cinema. Walking towards the ticket booth, I grab a few packets of Skittles and two bottles of water. Placing them gently on the counter, I hand the woman my money. She kindly gives me my ticket and change. Strolling towards theatre two, a familiar raspy voice calls my name from behind me.

"Cody?!"

"Beau?! What are you doing here?" I ask, surprise clear in my tone. He opens his arms for me and I gladly accept his offer. Beau has been my big brother through everything. He helped me through the Twitter hate. The publicity, the struggles of dating his brother.

"Just coming to watch The Conjuring. Who are you here with and what are you watching?" Beau inquires loudly.

"By myself and I'm watching The Conjuring too!!" I exclaim. I've always loved horror movies. They are my favourite genre. "Who are you with?" I ask cheekily. Beau is the older brother I never got.

See my parents divorced when I was younger and my Mum never remarried. Must be her Christian beliefs which is strange considering when you marry, you are married for life; according to the Christian population.

"With the boys. How have you been? Luke told me you guys 'talked' the other day." Beau says, making air quotations around talked.

"Yeah I guess you could say that." I confirm, whilst awkwardly scratching the back of my head.

"BEAU!!!???" Jai's voice screams around the dark but strangely empty cinema.

"JAI?!!" Beau screams back. His deep voice bouncing off the cinema walls.
A body comes rushing towards us and jumps on the back of Beau. Jai's familiar beanie pops out from behind Beaus shoulder.

"Hey Cody!!" Jai exclaims, being the cutie he is.

"Hey Jai!!" I say with as much enthusiasm as Jai did.
He hops down from Beau's back and wraps me up in a hug.

"I hope you're sharing those Skittles." He teases before running off down the aisle, chasing James or Skip, one of the two.

"Hey." A soft voice whispers in my ear.

"Hey," I reply the same amount of softness in my voice as Luke's. The awkward tension between us, dissolves as three fifths of the Janoskians approach us. They are all aware of what happened between us. What broke our happy relationship apart. And what had happened a few days ago. The boys have kind of forgiven Luke for what he did, but I'm not entirely sure if I have. I know one piece of me has but the other is still deciding whether its worth it or not.

The opening credits begin to splay across the massive screen but none of us have made the effort to sit in our designated seat.

Sitting down in the closest seat, I fold my body up in a comfortable position. With my legs tucked under my bum and my arms securely wrapped around my knees, I rest my chin on my forearm. The movie starts and my heart is already pounding in my chest. It gallops a million miles per minute and the speed increases as the story line develops more.

It takes a lot to scare me badly. I watched TheRing and slept soundly afterwards. However with The Conjuring, I don't know exactly.

~•~•

The finishing credits stream up the screen, moving too fast for me to read them.

"Hey Cody!! Wanna come around for awhile??" James asks, slyly.

"Yeah I guess. What are you planning??" I reply with a question of my own, my eyebrow raised teasingly.

"Nothing!!" James exclaims, raising his arms up in innocence.

"Okay then. I'll race you to the car!!" I scream loudly as my feet begin to sprint towards the exit. A chorus of "Heys!!" and "Unfair!!" follow behind me but I'm too busy laughing and running as fast as I can.