Explanation Please

•Cody's POV•

Why am I doing this?? Why am I hurting myself further??

I know this is going to kill me in the end but I deserve to know. I need closure almost. Agreeing to 'hanging' out with Luke and lying to Casey, two of the hardest things I've done in such a small amount of time. It's too much. Too much for me to handle.

"Cody Blye. How are you??" Jamie ask as I walk into Starbucks. How ironic is this, we met here and now he's explaining everything here. How stupid is that?
Is it weird that Jamie says my first and last name when he greets me??

"Could be better." I say with a small smile.

"I heard what happened. You okay?" He asks hesitantly.

"What?"

"Word travels fast babe. Twitter."

"Oh. Well, Twitter can suck my dick for all I care." I say, avoiding the question.

"You didn't answer my question Cody." Oops, I spoke too soon.

"Why is everyone asking me if I'm okay?" I breathe, leaning heavily on the front counter.

"Because of what you just went through." Jamie explains with a 'duh' tone.

"Don't be a smart arse, it isn't helping with anything at the moment." It goes quiet. The birds stop singing, the coffee making stops. The world kind of stops completely as someone enters the barista. That someone is Luke Brooks. All eyes turn towards him, even mine.

Dark circles sit under his eyes and they are bloodshot. Like he has been crying for ages and isn't sleeping properly. My own eyes begin to water at the sight of him in this state. Is he really torn over what happened or...

"Hey. Wanna sit?" Luke asks quietly. his voice raspy from crying so much I suppose.

"Yeah sure." I answer just as quiet. The awkwardity in the air is unbearable. Behind a piece of technology is okay in some way, I can handle talking to him briefly because he can't see my face, my reaction and the raw emotion that's evident on my facial features.

"So." He says, the awkwardness growing between us.

"So." I repeat. I don't like this feeling at all.

"Do you want a coffee??" He asks, looking up into my eyes.

"Sure." I reply, my breath shaky because I'm so nervous. His body moves with slight grace as he weaves through the tables to the front counter. Luke returns soon after with two mugs of coffee in his tanned hands. Placing one gently in front of me, he sits back down. His head falls into his hands as he lets out a choked sob. It kills me to not move around the table and comfort him.

"I'm sorry Cody. I'm sorry I can't be as composed as you. I'm sorry for everything I've ever done to hurt you. Cody..." He trails off as his voice cracks once again. Luke raises his head and tears are sliding down his face. His floppy curls have now been snipped off and are replaced with a blue streak.

My hand involuntary reaches across the table and stops when my skin touches his.

"Maybe we need to do this somewhere else. Somewhere private." I say before taking my hand away. The warmth that I just felt, has now disappeared.

"Yeah that might be a good idea. Come on then let's go." He says, picking up his still full mug. "Jamie, can we get these two to go please??"

"Yeah sure." Jamie replies with pursed lips. He doesn't agree with me leaving.
He doesn't agree with me being in a five foot radius of Luke.

~•~•

"I.. I don't even know where to begin Cody," Luke starts, sorrow deep in his voice as more tears start flowing down his cheeks.

"How about you start at what you did the night you got drunk??" I suggest quietly. I'm going to regret this so much.

•Luke's POV•

God I'm stupid. If I wasn't so short tempered and hot headed then I wouldn't be in this situation. I would be cuddling with Cody, my beautiful girlfriend. I've lost one of my best friends. I've lost my world. I've lost everything that is so important to me.

I realise that sounded so corny and cliche but its true. I'm in love with Cody and I regret everything I've done to hurt her. I can't bear to see her in pain. I can't bear to be away from her.

I was literally jumping with happiness when Cody answered my phone call, when she agreed to meet with me. To talk to me. It's killed me these last few days, not talking or seeing Cody. And now here she is. Sitting right in front of me, fighting off tears. Her chin wobbling because she's trying so hard to not cry. I've done this. I've caused this pain and hurt she's feeling all because I was so stubborn and upset.

Her velvety voice hums in my ears as her lips form each syllable. It's music to my ears drums.

"I got into a fight with Mum. I...I was so angry and worked up..... Beau and Jai told me to stay home... to cool off. I didn't listen though..." I trail off. I hate what I'm about to tell Cody. My angel and my baby girl.

Cody cringes, I guess she's already putting puzzle pieces into place.

"Go on please," She whispers, barely audible above the wind and rain that is raging on outside. Nodding slowly, I take a small sip from my now warmish coffee.

"So, I stormed out of the flat, grumbling profanities about how they can't tell me what to do yadda yadda. you know what sort of things." She nods, understanding what I mean. Her bottom lip trembles as I try to find the right words to finish my explanation.
"I drove to the nearest club. My anger continuing to flow throughout me. I parked got into the club easily and went straight to the bar. Ordered my drink and gulped it down straight away. I kept ordering drinks, burying the pain and anger I felt towards my family. Then out of nowhere, a blonde girl, shimmies towards me. And that's all I remember." I finish, regretting every word I have just said.

•Cody's POV•

I feel like my heart has just been ripped from my chest, been stabbed a million times and then put back into my chest. The pain that aches in my heart is unbearable and I can't help the sob that tumbles from my mouth. Tear are leaking from my tear ducts and are dribbling down my cheeks. I double over and cover my mouth, in a fail attempt at keeping my heartbreaking sobs in.

Standing up suddenly, I run down the hall and collapse on Luke's bed. Burrowing my head in his pillow, I let the sobs and tears free. My pain is evident in each sob. With each scream, my pain increases. My chest feels like it has swelled up and deflating all at the same time.

A warm hand shakily sits on my back and then begins moving up and down in a comforting gesture. Rolling onto my back, I jump into Luke's lap. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I cry into his shoulder and let all the pain I've felt for the last three weeks, out. I'm just letting out all the tears that I've kept held inside. The brave face that I've put on, has disappeared and I'm letting my guard down. Giving up on trying to be the 'brave' or 'tough' one. I'm giving up on trying to keep my composure.

"Just hold me Luke..... Please." I whisper into his neck, as my grip tightens. His limp arms wrap around my back and hold me tight. His hands trail up and down my back, in an attempt to calm me down. As my sobs downgrade to hiccups and then nothing, I slowly climb from Luke's lap and sit as far away from him as possible.

I've just made things so awkward between us.

"H... have you seen the pictures?" I ask, as I choke on another small sob.

"Yeah. I regret everything I've done to hurt you Cody. I don't know what I was thinking. I guess if I wasn't so fucking stubborn this would of never happened. If I wasn't so stubborn, we'd be happy. We'd be together." Luke finishes.

"Yeah I guess so. Where does this leave us though?" I query, knowing full well that the answer I want is the answer I probably won't get.