Chapter 81: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

Start from the beginning

"Madara" I realized and she nodded.

"So you know?" I asked and she nodded again.

"And Sasuke?"

"He knows too, only he wants to destroy the village rather than return to it" She replied, bitterness in her voice.

"So you've taken separate paths?" I questioned.

"Does it really surprise you? I wanted to save your legacy and Sasuke just wants to make himself feel better for killing you. He stayed with the Akatuski"

"Then you're not angry?"

"You know me better than that. I am furious with the elders, the village and even you sometimes for lying about all this but I couldn't side with Sasuke. I knew that the right thing to do..."

"Was to set your emotions aside and do what was best for the village" I finished and she nodded. I sighed slightly as I put a hand on her shoulder.

"I've made that choice to Rin, and part of me knew you would too"

"What about Sasuke?" She asked and I sighed.

"Well Sasuke has always been a little stubborn"

"That's a nice way to put it" She scoffed.

"He's still your elder brother Rin" I reminded and she looked away, a cross look on her face.

"We had a fight" She replied.

"After your death, after Madara told us everything I couldn't stand being around him. I even threatened Madara and nearly threatened Sasuke's life. I told him I hated him" She explained quietly.

"Rin..."

"I knew Itachi, this whole time I knew and if he had listened for even a second and I mean really listened to me you would still be alive" Her voice cracked when she spoke and I sighed before pulling her back into my arms.

"I'm sorry" I finally said as I hugged her tight.

"For all the pain I've caused you Rin, for not protecting you or fighting for you. I'm so sorry" I said firmly and felt her release a slow breath.

"I forgave you a long time ago" She replied softly.

"And will you forgive Sasuke?" I asked and she stepped out of my hug.

"He let his anger and revenge cloud his judgment, he doesn't deserve forgiveness. At least not for a while" She replied firmly. She was just about as stubborn as he was.

"Alright," I agreed.

"We have more pressing matters to attend to and limited time. So sit"

**Vision/Dream**

=============================================================================================

Lady Tsunade

The destruction was devastating. The number of people that needed healing never ended and even Katsuyu's abilities were being pushed to their limits. So many lives were already lost, and our forces were being stretched thinned. We needed Naruto, regardless of what the elders thought. I had sent a toad for him but there has yet to be a response. Was there a chance he would refuse? That wasn't like him. I only hoped that Rin could hold out a little longer.

"Lady Hokage" I glanced at one of my ANBU guards but all four of their focus was taken to an area across the village where a pillar of black chakra shot into the sky accompanied by a chilling scream.