What Is Science Fiction?

What exactly is Science Fiction? Well, what is Fiction? It's made of the stories that we create to entertain, our dreams and nightmares that we bring transfer from our brains to paper, and so much more, but it would be nothing without our imagination. So, just throw some science into the mix and we're all good, right?

No. There's more to it than that. A lot of people see SciFi as intimidating, and some even thing it's boring. But really, SciFi is a gamechanger for how we see the world and how we view the people around us. So, why should you write it?

1. So you can learn failure. This may seem counter-productive, but it's actually very important. Science is all about trial-and-error, as is growing up, or just living in general. We must learn from our mistakes. These mistakes will help you to grow stronger as a writer and will spotlight the areas that you need to improve in.

2. To learn more about yourself. However, SciFi can be very inspirational. Writing SciFi will challenge you in many ways: you have to think more, you have to plan more, you have to be extremely organized on paper, even if you aren't in real life. However, it will open your mind to ideas that you never thought possible.

3. To learn more about the world. You will get the satisfaction of being able to see the world in a different light. The best and the worst of individuals and society as a whole is best brought out in Science Fiction. We get to explore several themes of humanity(even if you're writing about Martians).

4. Because it is unique, and cannot be replaced. There has never been a genre like Science Fiction, and there probably never will be. There has been no other genre that has spurred so many scientific/technological advancements, and there has been no other genre that has caused so many people to stop and think about how the lasting effect of the actions of people.

So, are you ready? What do you look forward to the most when you start exploring, and soon creating your own Science Fiction?