I knew what he was doing. He was trying to make me feel guilty, and it was working to. I had finally broken down and told Blaise everything I had done the last several months just last week. I couldn’t take it anymore, but most of it, he already knew. Kamrynn had told him everything about Courtney and me, which didn’t surprise me, but still. I had wanted to be the one to tell him. Oh, well, it was history now and didn’t matter.

“Blaise,” I said and gulped. “If she would’ve drank that…”

I couldn’t possibly think about what I would’ve done. It was all my fault that Weasley was in the hospital wing. It was also my fault that she had been put in harm’s way like that. If I would’ve never snuck into that party, I wouldn’t have put Courtney’s life on the line like that. I was carless and just wanted to get something done so the Dark Lord wouldn’t be upset with me. How could I have done that though?

“I know, mate,” he sighed. “You would’ve died.”

That was the most likely the best conclusion to what I would’ve done. Look at what this lifestyle had done to me. It was making me loss weight and sleep. It was making me do things that I didn’t want to do. It had almost killed the love of my life and could actually end her if the Dark Lord found out about her. I had to keep away from her. My lifestyle was too dangerous for her. It was too dangerous for me, but I had no choice. Courtney does, and she was making it at that point in time. She was distancing herself away from me.

“I have to go,” I told him, just needing to move, to walk, to go away from everything. Perhaps I needed to talk to someone, but I couldn’t talk to Blaise. He was my own age and couldn’t give me the best advice. I couldn’t talk to Courtney for obvious reasons. I couldn’t talk to my parents; I could never trust them with my secrets anyway. I really needed some parent-like advice. Who could give it to me? The answer found me instead as I passed by his office.

“Draco, would you mind stepping in here for a moment?” His voice slithered out into the corridor with me.

Snape. He was just the person I needed to talk to. He would know exactly what to say, and it looked like he already had something brewing up. He motioned for me to close the door before sitting down. I was grateful that we could do it in private.

“I supposed you heard about what happened to Weasley?” he asked, his eyes boring into mine.

I nodded. “Yes, sir.”

“I’m only guessing here, but I’m pretty sure that you were behind the poisoned mead. Am I correct?”

I nodded again. “Yes, sir.”

“You can’t be so careless with your plans, Draco. You’re harming the innocent here because of your lacking of any thought what-so-ever. I’m sure you are aware that Courtney was one of the few that were about to drink that mead.”

“I know that, sir. That’s why I’m not going to be careless anymore. I’m just going to go with plan b, and let the deatheaters come here. It’s not worth putting others in danger anymore,” I sighed. “I know that sounded really dumb, but I think that I can honestly save some lives like this.”

He nodded. “You should’ve gone this direction in the first place, my boy. I know that you have been under a lot of pressure, but I honestly believe that there won’t be that many casualties when the others come, as long as you can complete your task, no one will be hurt…too badly.”

“Tell me, Professor,” I said, looking straight into his eyes. “Tell me that it’s worth it.”

“It will be worth it in the long run. I know it’s hard right now, but don’t fight it. Everything will work out in the end. I promise that whatever you want will happen when the Dark Lord is defeated. You’re still breathing, don’t let your lungs give out on you when you have a reason to breath. She’s the reason why it’s worth it.”

“Thank you, professor,” I smiled. “I don’t know what I would do without your guidance.”

He smirked. “You probably would’ve died by now.”

“Well, I guess I shall be going. I’ve got loads of work to do,” I stood up as he did as well.

“Draco, my boy,” he smirked once more, “Don’t give up. Don’t ever give up. If you have something that you really want, don’t ever give up. I did, and look where it got me.”

“Snape,” I sighed. “Whatever happened with the woman that you were in love with?”

He sat back down, looking a tad upset. “She died, Draco. He killed her.”

No wonder he was willing to help Courtney and me. He didn’t want her to come to the same end as his one true love. I should’ve guessed it. When he had mentioned that he was in love before, I should’ve guessed that his deatheating was the reason they couldn’t be together.

“And Draco,” he called, grabbing my attention. “Don’t worry about Courtney. I have made sure that she will be just safe. Concentrate on what you have to do in order to get out of it. Alright?”

I nodded. “Thank you,” I paused for a moment. I had almost called him father, which could’ve been bad, “Professor.”  I smiled before walking out of the office.

A/N: Sorry for the two day hiatas. Hope it was worth it! So, this chapter is dedicated to MissFrenchie because her story is very well written. It's called 'The Accident'. It's a harry potter fanfiction about Heather Potter, the younger sister of Harry. It's awfully cute so far, and I recommend that you read it. :D And a shout out to SchribbledThoughts for the song! I love mayday parade and I once never thought of this song for Draco, so this is his theme song. Draco's still breathing...