Chapter one

Asma POV.

I knew mum and dad are going to get angry at me for staying out this late but I just needed some air, I couldn't be in there no more, with him acting as if nothing happened.

I know that I shouldn't be concentrating on him since, today is my best friend, Omnia's wedding, but I just couldn't.

He ruined me, he took the most thing I ever held dear to me, and everything I wished to one day give. Everything looked blurry, as my tears played as a barrier between me and this world.

Running up to the hill, I felt the cool breeze cooling my fearful body. I felt free, the further away I was from him the more relaxed I felt. Standing next to the edge I look up at the beautiful view in front of me.

The once salmon and purple sky transformed into a dark and cloudless ocean of midnight blues and twinkling whites and yellows. Where a canopy of thousands of luminous stars materialised amongst the ocean of blackness.

Some being dull, nearly flickering into existence every now and then, but the other adequate amount of shimmering stars helped illuminate the dark, moonless night.

I love it when darkness surrounds me, because it hides my flaws, my imperfection and the permanent scars that were burned onto my flesh, that no one else but me could see.

Falling on my knees I let out every painful memory that Ive been holding, as tears quickly made their way down my cheeks and onto my beautiful golden dress.

It would be so easy to just end everything here, end all this misery I'm currently facing, without even realising I start to sway my body back and forth, repeatedly. I don't know for how long I've been doing this but I suddenly stopped when I heard a males voice.

"The prophet (SAW) said he who commits suicide by throttling shall keep on throttling himself in the Hell Fire (forever) and he who commits suicide by stabbing himself shall keep on stabbing himself in the Hell-Fire." Turning around in fear it was him, just my luck it was a young man I've never seen before.

He was dressed in a black suite and a white top, he looked as if he just came from Amir and Omnia's wedding, since that was the only party around here.

"And I can guarantee you that you wouldn't want to repeatedly be falling from a cliff" looking up at him to check if he was smirking, he wasn't, however his eyes held sadness as if fearing that I would jump.

"Why do you care?" I turn around and give him my back, it's not like I was actually going to jump, was I? I may hate my life in the time being but I do pray that everyday will get better.

"This to shall pass" was all I heard, the stranger say, turning back at him I give him my confused face, as I ask him to repeat himself.

"I care because you are my Muslim sister, and I wish to one day for all of us to meet in Jannah, so just say 'this to shall pass' and inshallah everything will get better"  why aren't all Muslim men like this? Unfortunately I was just one of those unlucky women who encounter men like him.

"I don't know what your story is, but just know that their is someone you can talk to, never bottle up your emotions and just know that with every hardship comes ease" the moment he said I can talk to someone, I felt tears forcefully making their way down my cheeks as I silently sobbed.

I felt his presence still behind me, he stood their silently as he let me sob my pain away, and I thank him for that. Their was no one in this world that I could tell without them looking at me differently, not even my parents.

"Well, well, well I'm looking for you and you are here with another man" without even having to turn around I knew who it was, if was him, the monster of all my nightmares.

Hashim.

"No brother, don't take this the wrong way I just came and I saw her crying so I wanted to see if she was oka..." But the Monster, Hashim cut him of, not even giving him the time of day.

"I was not talking to you, I was talking to her" the way he said her, just caused a shiver to run down my spine. Turning around I look him straight in the eye as I said.

"Please leave me alone, how many times do I have to tell you to leave me alone" I get up from my position, and stand up to face him, although I can't stand the look of his face, I had to show him in not scared of him. Although deep inside we both knew I was.

"Asma but I love you, everything that I've done is because you belong to me" you know what was worse then being a monster? Being a crazy monster and that was exactly what he was.

"I am not yours and Inshallah I will never be yours, now leave me alone, because until the day I die I will never forgive you for what you have done to me" I start to walk back to the party, since being here is the last thing I wanted. Before I could even make it two steps behind him. He grabbed my hand and forcefully made me turn to look at him.

"Let me go" I try to fight his hands of me but it was no use he was much stronger then me.

"If you aren't going to be mine you won't be anyone's," I saw anger in his eyes, and I knew he was clenching his teeth due to the shape of his jaw line.

"She said to let her go, didn't you hear that?" The stranger comes in between us as he forcefully makes him let go of my hand.

"Why are you still here this has nothing to do with you, she is mine" he looks back at me, as he once again tries to grab hold of my hand but I take a couple of steps back.

"let me just tell you something, Allah, the Almighty, created women out of a man's rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal, under the arm to be protected and next to the heart to be loved, so don't go around saying mine as if she is your property"  I just stood their staring at him, why didn't I encounter him before I met this monster.

"Asma you better tell him to leave now or I swear I will tell him what you fear the most" the moment he said that I looked up at him with wide eyes.

"You can't, please..." But his facial expression didn't show any interest in my pleading. So I slowly turned around to the stranger, as I begged him to leave.

I could tell he didn't want to leave, he looked me straight in the eyes waiting for me to change my mind but I couldn't.

In fear of my secret coming out.