"Thanks, I thought so too."

I laid back on my bed, and closed my eyes. Why can't my life be like everyone else's? Boring and simple? I'd trade anyone in a heart beat.

Death's cold and bony hand patted my forehead, and then his presence was gone, leaving me alone in my all too quiet room. I felt nothing but loneliness, and that familiar eerie feeling of being watched.

How am I going to tell Smith about this? I don't think I even want him to know. I'm technically dead! And a murderer. Who wants a mate like that? Not to mention all the scars...If I'm not comfortable seeing myself, how could anyone else be?
~*~

I arrived a few minutes early to first period, for once actually excited to be in class. I was the only one in there at the moment, but I knew Charley and Vanessa would be here soon. They really did make a cute couple.

But as the minutes passed and the class started to fill, I was getting slightly worried. Where were they? The bell was going to ring soon.

Regardless, I still saved them two seats near me.

Just seconds away from the bell ringing, the nearly tardy couple came sprinting into the room, the class laughing as they took in their disheveled appearances. Vanessa's hair was a mess, both of their cheeks were flushed and there was an obvious tent in Charley's pants. I had to cover my mouth in order to stop myself from laughing with the rest of the class.

Vanessa took her seat and put her head down in embarrassment, while Charley had a satisfied smirk on his face.

The teacher gave them an irritated look, and said, "Next time, maybe you should focus a little less time on each other and a little more time on getting to class."

The class let out an "oooooooooh," and the teacher smirked in satisfaction.

Wanting to stick up for my friends, I used my telekinesis to trip the teacher, lifting her feet up from under her, and making her fall backwards onto her butt. To everyone else, it looked like she had slipped on the sleek floor, making the class break out into fits of laughter. Once it died down, and the teacher tried to get up, I used some more force to keep her down there, and said, "Maybe you should spend a little less time on your ass."

Vanessa's jaw dropped as she looked towards me, pure joy shining threw her eyes, her embarrassment long gone. Charley gave me a high five too.

I was very happy with myself, until she told me I had a detention. Greeeaaaaaaattt. And it was only first period.

~*~

By second period, everyone had found out about what happened, and what I had said. I guess word travels fast when you can mind link people.

I ducked to avoid a ball flying at my head, which quickly brought me back to reality and stopped me from zoning out. Erik hadn't talked to me yet, so I decided to make the move and talk to him first. Thankfully we were on the same magic player team, so I have a good opportunity to start some conversation.

I found him on the other side of the gym, and quickly made my way towards him, avoiding the multi-colored balls flying at me as I went.

I watched almost in slow motion as he bent down to pick up a ball rolling by his foot, completely oblivious to the ball hurdling towards him. I ran as fast as humanly possible, and dove in front of him, catching the ball and landing on my stomach with a groan.