The Alpha Female-12

Lucas stared up at the starry sky. His mind was a jumble of thoughts and memories of past and present. He raised his arm and stared at his wrist. The cut Raveena had made with her claws was faded now but it wont ever disappear,it wouldalways remain there like a faded old scar, and most precious and prided for him. He wasn’t sure if she remembered but he did- forever.

"Hi!" A childish voice whispered near his ear snaping him out of the magically induced subconscious state.

He turned his head a bit to see sparkling grey eyes staring at him. Mischief and mirth clouded by the slight concern. It took him a moment to gather his thoughts while he studied the child staring at him curiously.

She seemed to be eight-nine years old. Her small heart shaped face was adorned with her stormy grey eyes which were trained on him, studying him. She sat down facing him, with a small space between them, her knees pressed against her chest, with her arms wrapped around herself and her chin resting on her knees. A picture of ease.

He tried to be in a comfortable position himself but hissed at the restrictions. His body wouldn’t move. Annoyed, he glanced down to see ropes tied at his wrists and ankles. He would have freed himself were they ordinary ropes but they were magical.

Magical.

He looked around sharply and noticed a group of people, barely in sight. He knew who they were. They were a group of humans- scientists they called themselves with a witch- who claimed to have captured him for purely ethical reasons. As if, kidnapping someone was ethical!

"Are you ok?" Little girl questioned, making him look at her. She was studying him curiously. Her eyes widened slightly as they landed on his bound raw wrists. "That doesn’t look comfortable." She murmured and got up from her position.

"Don’t!” He hissed at her, as she started to approach him. She paused, head tilted to side questioningly. Heart in mouth, he glanced towards his kidnappers and nodded. "They will see you." He looked back at her, eyes glaring. "Go back."

Ironic, wasn’t it? He was a pureblood demon, the strongest amongst many of his kin, yet he was the one captured, and now at the mercy of this child to free him. If others knew, he would be ridiculed, if he ever managed to escape, nevermind that he had saved their hides.

She giggled quietly. "They are long asleep."

He stared at her suspiciously. "What do you mean?" The wind blew and her scent reached him. His eyes widened. Surprise and relief  swept through him as he assessed his position before shock registered in his mind.

Tongue-tied he watched as the child approached him and worked through the knots, freeing him. The little girl was a bundle of mystery and now he was indebted to her. He let her, guide him through the forest, her small soft hand interlaced with his big one for a long time before she sank to her knees at the root of a big tree. 

Somehow he had ended up falling asleep as she talked to him about her pet wolves and by the next morn, he woke up, the girl was nowhere to be seen.

"There you are...." Shalle called out bringing him back from his memories.

 He blinked and turned around to see Shalle march up to him and plop down beside him. "Weren't you going to check up on her?"

"I did. All I could do, I did, rest would be naturally. What's up with you?" Shalle leveled him with a stare. "Aside from obvious that is."

"I wasn't dreaming about that kid, all those years before, Shalle." He started, staring off into nothing. 

"Again, with that." Shalle hissed, annoyed. "That kid was your imagination."

Lucas sat up and returned her stare. "She is that kid, Shalle."

Shalle's mouth hung open and  blinked rapidly. She opened and closed her mouth few times before she gathered her wits. "Are you sure?" She whispered.

"I could never forget that scent." Lucas muttered, looking away. "or those eyes." There was a painful twinge in his voice as he remembered her hollow gaze, compared to that vibrant full of life, all those years ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have made a few changes in chapter five regarding Lana's mate who was upposed to be dead but now he ain't. He escaped while Raveena and three other wolves were worrying about Lana. This change wouldn't effect the story up till now, but it would be significant later on.

Thanks every one who stopped by. Thanks to those who are supporting me. Every vote, every comment, opinion matters. Thanks guys.