I did not even realize I was walking towards him before I was standing in front of him. While the Ring has repelled me, there was something about this object, while retaining its danger, drew me in. Yugi looked up at me in surprise, but a second later, he smiled at me. "Hello. Samia, right?"

I nodded. "Y-yes. You're Yugi?" His friends stared at me oddly, making me subconscious. I was not behaving like myself, which scared me.

"That's right. Can I help you?"

"Did you get that from Egypt?" I pointed at the gold pyramid.

Yugi looked at me in surprise. "My Millennium Puzzle? Yes, my grandfather found it for me in Egypt. How did you know?"

"I have a friend who has something similar." I paused. I needed to give him a reason o not think I was a total creep. "And it's interesting because my grandmother was from Egypt."

Yugi smiled. "Really? That's cool!" His friends appeared impressed as well.

Something about him relaxed me. I had been teased a lot in the past for not being pure Japanese. Even adults seemed to have looked down at my mother and me. It was refreshing to find someone who thought my heritage was something positive. I glanced at the front of the class when it was time for the class to start and then back at Yugi.

"You better find your seat," Yugi said. "I'll talk to you later."

I nodded and turned to walk away. Maybe I should have talked to him after that. Maybe he knew something about these Millennium Items that could have helped Bakura. But I had become accustomed to the Millennium Ring and had convinced myself there was nothing bad about it. And I did not want to get involved with someone else who had a Millennium Item.

I was almost able to forget about the strange objects for awhile. Then I entered high school and found myself in the same class with Yugi and his friends once again. Bakura originally enrolled in a private school, but he had problems after a week, so he transferred to Domino High School. I was happy when he was placed in my class. There was even an empty seat next to my desk so we could be together every day!

I did feel something about strange that first day, and I looked at Bakura to see a small frown on his face. "What's wrong?" I whispered. Class had just started and I did not want to get us into trouble.

Bakura pulled his Millennium Ring out from under his shirt – he hid it there to accommodate me – and stared at it. "It looks like it's pointing at something."

Sure enough, two of the spikes around the ring were lifted in the air and pointing to the left. I followed the invisible path, and my eyes widened when they landed on Yugi. "Yugi Muto?" I said in confusion.

"What's that he's got?" Bakura said curiously.

My eyes fell on the Millennium Puzzle. "Oh. He's got a Millennium Item as well. Maybe yours is pointing to it?"

"Why would it do that?"

I shrugged. "Beats me."

We grew silent so that we could listen to the teacher lecture. When the class was finished and we had a small break, Bakura stood up. "Come on," he said. "Let's talk to him."

My eyes widened in alarm. "What? Bakura!" But he had already made his way over to Yugi's desk. Gritting my teeth, I had no choice but to follow him.

"Hello," Bakura greeted the small group gathered around Yugi's desk. "Is that Duel Monsters?" Joey, one of Yugi's friends, had pulled his chair to the other side of the desk, and the two of them had cards laid out.

"Yes, it is," Yugi said, smiling. "You're the new student, Bakura. I'm Yugi, and this is Joey, Tea, and Tristan."

"Nice to meet you," Tea said.