Teddy Bear

'Who am I? Why do I feel so small? I'm scared...'
All these thoughts ran through the mind of the naked girl as she sat in her cell. It was dark and damp in the basement of the trial building.
The frightened (e/c)-eyed girl sat in the corner, knees pulled to her chest. She didn't feel insecure about her body, but she did feel fear of what the men and women in uniform would do to her.
It was quiet, until she heard footsteps slowly descending the concrete steps, the girl's shaking intensifying.
"Don't be scared..."
The sound of such a rough but gentle voice made her jump, and she slowly looked at the man who stood in front of the bars of her cell.
He was blond, and had piercing blue eyes. Just by looking at him she could tell he wouldn't harm her, but she also knew he'd been harmed someway himself as well.
The man's smile brought the (h/c)-haired girl out of her thoughts, and she slowly tilted her head.
"My name is Erwin Smith, do you mind if I come in?"
With a hesitant nod, Erwin opened the bars and entered the small cell, holding a bag in his hand.
"I've brought some things for you, to make you more comfortable." He said softly. The girl appreciated his kindness, but couldn't seem to tell him aloud.
"Are you cold?" He asked, and with a simple, quick nod he pulled some cloth out of the bag and smiled.
"It's all I could convince them to let me give you." He said softly, soon helping her pull on the small shirt of sorts over her frail torso and down her legs.
"I understand you're scared, but no one will hurt you here, not as long as I'm here."
Erwin gently ruffled the girl's hair.
"I have one more thing..." He said softly, pulling something else out of the bag.
At first it looked like another bundle of cloth, but as he held it out to her, she saw it was a small stuffed animal.
A teddy bear.
"I'm not supposed to be doing this for prisoners, but I have a good feeling about you." Erwin smiled as the girl slowly took the small stuffed bear, hugging it to her chest and looking up at the blond shyly. She nodded as a thank you, cradling the soft animal in her thin arms. Erwin chuckled and slowly stood.
"I must be going, but it won't be the last time I see you." He said softly, locking the barred door once more and waving to the small, now clothed woman.
He began ascending the stairs, glancing back just in time to see her waving back to him with a tiny smile.