Sign To Me

I've been going through life with kids making "L's" on their forehead. I just found out that, that ment loser in third grade. I went through life like this. No friends, No one talking to me, Never hearing anyone speak, and never hearing music, but music is a beat. Music is amazing to me. I have to turn it up full blast on my headphones to feel the beat, but I have to go through life never hearing the sound. I always wanted to hear, but you see I'm Deaf.

I was deaf ever since I was born. I dont talk because I dont know what I sound like, and I dont know if I can. I never tried really. I've learned to read peoples lips though. Each person speaks there words differently so it was harder to master reading lips, but I got the hang of it. My Aunt takes care of me and she really helps me through it. She always says that everyone who makes fun of me is just jeleouse since I get to see the world in a way they cant.

 She learned sign language with me so we have conversations together all the time. When I was younger it was harder for me to learn to sign since my finger were small. My aunt helped me and so did the teacher I learned from.

I went and learned how to sign in a school for two years, then I switched to public school for my middlle school years. I didnt want to stay in a deaf school. Not that there was anything wrong with that, but I wanted to learn how to survive in the real world and learn to communicate with others who couldnt sign.

I could comunicate with others by writing down what I wanted to tell them, and acting it out a bit. Even though I could do that kids still made fun of me and I was the odd ball with no friends.

Sixth grade was ok for me. I had a friend for a while. He was a nice boy. He was battling cancer though. We were best friends that year he understood me, but when I came back the next year excited as I ever was to see my friend. I found out he wasnt coming to school anymore. I found out he had passed in August.

I cryed for weeks after that. My only friend was gone, and I was alone.

Seventh grade was bad. Kids picked on me even more since I didnt have anyone to talk to or hav anyone to tell them to buzz of for me. It was bad and well I hated it. I got throught it alive suprisingly. I had thoughts of jumping off the city bridge at points, but I knew I would never let myself do that.

Eighth grade was worse. Now the whole school was putting "L's" on their heads. O accually made it to the bridge, but I turned around when I saw the fast rappid water and the big rocks. I turned around and ran home to my aunt.

My Aunt was amazing to me she was wonderful and was just like a mother to me. My mother passed away during delivery, and my father died a few months later in a car accident. I never met him though. My aunt showed me pictures of them. I relized that I looked like my mom. I wish I could have met her. It's funny how when life comes to the world one leaves. I just wish my mothers wasent the life to be lost.

Freshman year was worse. More people to make fun of me, and then people shuving me into lockers started. I couldnt talk and I couldnt hear when teachers or some kind semaritain walked in the hall way when I was locked in my locker. I banged on it alot and a teacher or a student that was kind helped open it for me to get out.

The same for Softmore year. I hated school. Mu aunt pushed me trying to get me to take school online, but I didnt want to. I had to face through this and I would.

Everything changed durring the summer before junior year. My aunt and I were moving.

We were leaving our small apartment in Wisconsin and we were moving to the large city, NEw York, New York.

How am I going to survive in a city that never sleeps. How am I going to talk to people in this city... I thought. I was freaking out as I was packing my bags and loading my scrap books, lamps, my thousands of books, and my clothes, and sheets to my bed into boxes. I was labling them when my aunt appeared next to me. She had a big smile on her face.

Are you excited? she made these words on her hand. I think my aunt is better than me at signing even though she can hear.

I then lifted my hands that were resting at my sides and started to make the words with my hands. More nerveouse, I signed.

You'll be fine, she signed back.

I just nodded and gave her a small smile.

She nodded and helped me finnish packing.

Soon all my things were in the back of the U-haul and I was getting in the passengers side of our Minivan.

As my aunt drove the car out of the drive way I looked back at my appartment building and waved goodbye.

I would miss the small town, but I wouldnt miss school. I just spent the whole time wishing that school wasent going to be worse there.

When we came to a stop light. My sunt tapped my sholder and I broke my gaze from the windown and moved it to her.

Her hands lifted from the steering wheels and signed one word, Faith, The word ment alot of things, but one of those many things that it ment was my name. She always did that when I was nerveouse. Faith was my name. My aunt helped me there since she said that my father was going to name me Peach, but she talked him out of it. I gave her a thanking hug after she told me that.

Soon the stop light changed back to green and I took a deep breath. I then opened my window and stook my head out of it. I looked back and saw that we just left Wisconsin, my home. The sign that said Welcome To Wisconsin was soon disapearing as we got further away from where I lived my whole life, and we were now headed to the big city. To start a new life, and I am starting a new life in signing.

===========================================================================

Hi there thanks for reading please comment and please rate. Sorry if the spelling is bad, and I just hoped you liked it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!