My Number One Girlfriend

This girl won't leave me alone. Even though I said what she wants to hear, she won't budge. I guess I should introduce myself first. I'm [f/n] [l/n], a 3rd year in Otonokizaka Academy. I don't express much emotion except for irritation and anger. I guess you can call me a kuudere. I accept that. Because of my withdrawn personality, I don't socialize much and people stay away from me, excluding my understanding family. It's fine; I like being a loner. But lately, I've been feeling bored. Bored as in unmotivated to do anything. That doesn't help at all because I am in my last year in Otonokizaka. Anyway, back to the girl that won't leave me alone. She's an idol, one of the members in μ's. She has dark hair tie up in pigtails, red eyes, and she's small for her age. Nico Yazawa. That's right. The number one idol, Nico Yazawa. Ugh. How come she won't leave me alone? How did it come to this?

One day, Nico stop me in the hallway and did her signature "Nico Nico Nii" on me. I feel like an arrow went through my heart, but on the outside, I show no reaction. I only look at Nico with those bored and cold eyes of mine.

Nico surely didn't like my reaction. "What's with that reaction?!" she shouted, stomping on the floor.

Unfazed as ever, I just shrug, acting like I did nothing wrong. Before I knew it, the next day, Nico show up on my front door and demand I get dress. I didn't understand why, but surely, she wasn't going to wait. She drags me to my room, which I told her which room, and try to undress me, but I reassure her that I can dress myself. After changing out of my sleeping wear, she drags me out of the house.

"What's going on?" I asked with the same monotone voice I'm used to.

Nico stop on her track which cause me to stop too. She turns her head around and smile. "Why, you're going on a date with the number one idol, Nico Yazawa!" she said cheerfully with her free hand doing the pose.

Nico is so cute! I just want to hug her. I really do, but I always hold back my feelings. I try to express myself, but it always sounds like I don't mean it. "You're cute," I said blankly.

Nico seems unsatisfied with my reaction. She pouts. "Say it like you mean it!"

"I am, honest," I said, fail miserably at convincing.

Nico smile. "Alright, I'll take your word for it. For now." She starts to drag me again, taking me to a café around the corner.

"Nice café," I commented.

Nico look proud of herself. "I know right."

Once we went inside, we are greeted by a waiter then the waiter leads us to a table near the window. Nice view. After we got our food, we eat. I stop eating when I notice how cute Nico look when she's eating. Then, I notice sauce on the corner of Nico's lips. Ah, geez. She is just so cute. If you haven't already known, yes, I have feelings for Nico. Her appearance, her personality. She may be full of herself sometimes, but she's actually a sweet and caring person. She is the one who inspire me.

I remember the time she gave me a prep talk about dreams. It was in the middle of spring and I was just trying to come up with something to draw in the Art Club. I was supposed to start building up my portfolio, but my mind remained blank. No inspiration. And that's when she approached me in the courtyard while I was discarding unsatisfied drawing and littering. She scolded me about littering. I apologize and give her a brief explanation for my action. Then she talked to me about her dream that if you want something, don't give up so easily because you got to at least try and give it your all. Never give up. She became my role model after that, a person who I look up to, and someone who I happen to develop feelings for.

Anyway, back to my "date" with Nico. I want to tell her she has sauce on the corner of her lips, but instead, I did the unthinkable. I lean forward with my hand and use my thumb to wipe off the sauce from the corner of Nico's lips. Nico tense up with redden cheeks.