"What my fiancé is trying to say is that tonight he'd like to treat everyone to dinner at La Tavola Calda. We hope you can attend -"

"But if you cannot, just let me know so that I can make reservations accordingly." Ryan interrupted, cutting off his fiancé, who had cut him off. Ashton looked between the two, soon-to-be husband and wife, and knew that their marriage was doomed. They both seem like successful people, but, from what Ashton had seen, they didn't seem right for each other.

"I'm stuffed!" Luke exasperated, causing Ashton to look down at his bowl of Special K and realise that he hadn't even lifted his spoon, and he was no longer in the mood for eating anything anymore. "Good. Now we can leave." Ashton replied, standing from his seat and holding out his hand for Luke. The other boy rolled his eyes before taking his hand with a blush.

"Why do I have to be the girl in the relationship?" Luke whined, not even realising that they weren't walking towards the door.

"Hey, I just came to tell you that we won't be able to make it to dinner." Ashton ignored the look he knew that Luke was giving him, and instead turned to walk away, only to bump into the person he was trying to avoid.

"Well, if you don't want to come, then I can't stop you, but, if you would still like to attend," Ryan spoke, turning his gaze to Luke, "then I'd be very happy to have you there."

Ashton turned his gaze to Luke, who obviously wanted to go.

"I don't know. I think I'd better stay with Ashton." Luke replied, a smile gracing Ashton's face at his reply. It left just as quick as it came though.

"Nonsense." Ryan retorted. "You'll be fine. I'll introduce you to the family. I'm sure they'd all love to meet little Ashy's new boyfriend."

Luke looked between the two brothers, mouth fumbling for the right words.

Ashton could tell that he really wanted to go. He could see it in his eyes. He also knew that if it came down to it, Luke would choose him over a fancy dinner any time.

"It's okay, babe, you can go." Ashton replied, causing Luke's face to blush again.

"Great! Then it's final. You're coming." Ryan interrupted, grabbing Luke's arm and pulling him away from Ashton.

The curly-haired boy could feel his anger boil in response to his brother's actions, but as Luke glanced back, uncertainty plastered across his face, he smiled. It wasn't that he found Luke's situation unfortunate. It was sort of the opposite. They were in Rome, and while he was perfectly content with sitting in and relaxing for their time here, Luke wanted to see; he wanted to experience this new culture, explore the unknown, see what he may never have been able to see again. Ashton understood this. So, as he made his way back up to his room alone, he wasn't mad, not at Luke anyways. It was kind of a good thing. He had nothing planned and he wanted sleep. Unlike his best friend, Ashton wasn't a morning person, he was the type of guy that slept until noon and then complained about it being too early, so for him to be awake before 10 a.m. was problematic, especially given his lack of patience with his brother.

Sprawling across his bed, he forced his eyes closed. He felt like a love-deprived baby that was finally being shown the correct affection. It didn't take him long at all to fall asleep.

~

He woke up hours later, well rested, and bored. He needed his best friend, but Luke was no where to be found. He wasn't anywhere in the room, and didn't seem to be in the hotel.

Sighing, Ashton closed his eyes and fell into the deep abyss of sleep again. He wasn't tired anymore, but it sure beat watching movies he couldn't understand.