You make me wanna die,

I’ll never be good enough.

You make me wanna die

And everything you love

Will burn up in the light

Every time I look inside your eyes.

You make me wanna die.

I rev my engine when I drive by Emily, her back was turned to me so she jumped about 2 feet into the air. She spins around and glares at me, I just smirk back. The smirk falls when I see Chris a few cars away from her watching me. He has a light frown on his face but I just glare at him and peel out of the parking lot. Heading to my house as quickly as I can because my dad is waiting on me and he is going to be pissed if I am late.

Luckily, because I can speed in my truck and not really worry about getting a ticket due to it being a small town, I’m not late meeting my dad. I pull in and open the gate hurrying to drive through and close it. I pull into my parking spot and jump out. I throw my hair into a ponytail and throw on my baseball cap with ‘Country Girl’ on the front in hot pink. I pull my ponytail through the back of my hat and slam my truck door. I turn around and run to the barn.

‘Dad?’ I holler as I look around the barn.

‘I’m in the front!’ my dad hollers back. Well he doesn’t sound drunk or in a bad mood; maybe I’ll be lucky today.

‘Hey dad, how was your day?’ I ask.

‘It was fine, enough of the small talk Elizabeth Ann. I need you to mow the back pasture, I want it done as quickly as possible so don’t make any plans for the next few days.’ He says gruffly not looking at me.

‘Yes sir. Not a problem. Do you need me to cook dinner first or are we just scavenging?’ I ask.

‘I want the pasture done more than I want dinner cooked. I’ll just throw together a sandwich if I get hungry.’ He says. Wow he is in a good mood. When he is like this it’s almost like I have my old dad back; back when mom was still here.

‘Yes sir, anything else you want me to do?’ I ask.

‘Don’t forget your other daily chores other than that no. I’ll see you tomorrow.’ He says walking off.

‘Ok dad.’ I say. ‘I love you too.’ I whisper knowing he can’t hear me. I can’t remember the last time he has said I love you to me.

I shake off my negative thoughts and start my work. I need to feed and water the cattle in the front pasture and take care of the horse stalls; that means feed water and clean up the stalls. I really don’t know where he wants me to find the time to do all of my chores and start mowing the back pasture.

 I jog over to my truck and grab my extra headphones I have in there and pop them into my iPhone, turn up the music and get started.