Prologue||

*The day before high school started*

Alison's Point Of View

"You're such an idiot." I say playfully.

"Okay, I have another one." Jason says.

"Go for it." I say sarcastically as I smile.

"Did you sit in a pile of sugar? Cause you have a pretty sweet ass." He says.

I burst out laughing to the point where I was on the ground clutching my stomach. "That was a good one." Jason says, seeming impressed with the pickup line he claims he made up, even though I know that he had googled.

"No, it wasn't." I say still laughing.

"If it was any other girl, they would have melted." He says.

"I'll pray for their mental health." I say, still laughing as Jason joins in.

After we finished laughing Jason started talking again.

"We got to go back." He tells me, standing up from the pile of blankets we had placed in the tree house we spent the last two summers attempting to make, until my dad completed it himself.

Tomorrow was the first day of ninth grade. High school. Freaking high school! Call me crazy, but I have a feeling something will go terribly wrong.

"In a perfect universe we'll stay here forever." I say with a nervous sigh.

"Don't be nervous, it's just high school." He says.

"Says the guy who looks like he's in tenth grade." I say sarcastically.

Jason was a hot guy and that's an understatement. Jason was an early bloomer, he hit puberty really early. His light brown hair was in a messy yet casual quiff. His 6ft height made me seem like a dot standing at 5ft 2 . His well-built body made him look like a tenth grader, while I literally looking ten.

I, on the other hand, haven't hit puberty yet and I'm going into the ninth grade. My black hair is curly and my barely A cup size made me look like a toddler.

Whilst girls in my school wore C size bras and had a curvy figure, I was often mistaken for a sixth grader. While they had straight hair and gorgeous makeup, I had curly hair and natural skin.

I can't handle going into ninth grade knowing that I didn't grow one bit in the summer. In eighth grade, no one said anything about it, but in summer that's all they can talk about.

"Who cares." He says with a roll of his eyes.

"Everyone." I say under my breath, knowing that he can't hear me.

"Yeah, let's just go." I say back.

Jason and I continue to walk out of the woods. We're neighbors, our houses are side to side and exact copies on the outside.

Jason's parents, Aria and Eric Liam and my parents, the Adens, are business partners and sponsor each other's companies.

"Jason! Your dad wants to talk to you." Aria, Jason's mom, calls from the window in the kitchen.

"That's my queue, I'll call you in ten minutes." Jason says, he quickly kisses my forehead and holds the frame of the window and hopped in through it, as I turn to walk in through the back door.

I instantly hear my father chatting on the phone. Business has been rough the last couple of months, and I know we're struggling with money.

My father had been having meetings with Jason's dad daily, and I'm sure that Jason's dad is trying his best to help my dad.