Part 4

Penny POV

"I'm the director this year." I say, trying to lengthen the conversation.

"I know." Simon says, lost in thought. He pauses. "What?"

"I'm directing to play."

He waves his hand. "I heard that part, but... you're directing to play and you're just telling me now?"

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"Because I wanted it to be a surprise!"

"You just told me now, though."He points out.

"Well, maybe I just got tired of having a secret." Ugh. If I was talking to Baz, I wouldn't have to have this conversation. He would have accepted to fact, maybe tried to bribe me into giving him the lead role, then would have let it go. Not so for Simon.

I only decided to direct the play so I could put my plan into action. Quinn, Nicodemus and Fiona's daughter (A\N Yes, 'having nothing happen' includes the fact that Nico is not a vampire), helped me come up with the plan, and she wrote the play. It's actually pretty good, considering.

Simon snorts. "Whatever." He takes a bite of his scone. "Will Baz get the lead part again this year?"

I shrug. "I depends on his audition, his chemistry with the other two main roles, and how in looks in a suit."

Simon rolls his eyes. "You don't even have to worry about the last one. Baz looks fine in a suit." He says it mockingly, but it's true. Honestly, Baz looks better then fine in a suit. And he knows it, which is probably why he wears them all the time.

Simon finishes his scone and wipes his hands on his jumper, effectively getting butter all over it.

The bell rings moments later,signaling the beginning of 'YA literature and how it can help your spells', a guest speaker by the name of Rick Riordan. I think the class is kind of ridiculous, but I take it anyway. Simon runs down the hallway to his next class (because he fells the need to run everywhere) and I walk to mine (Because I don't.).