Part 3

Simon's POV

The next morning, when I wake up, Baz is sprawled across his bed, still in uniform. So much for him not getting back 'till 3:30. I wonder what he did to Penny. Probably threatened to have her expelled.

I stand up, stretching, and Baz shifts in his sleep. I walk over to the dresser and carefully takeout the Watford uniform. Red jumper, black trousers, green tie.(A\N:I know this isn't their uniform, but I don't have my book with, so bear with me.)When I open the bathroom door to change (I'm never changing in front of Baz, never), I hear Baz groan and sit up.

"Put on a shirt." He grumbles at me.

"Exactly what I'm doing." I snap back. I try not to let him annoy me too much before breakfast, but I rarely succeed.

I change quickly-no shower, I shower at night- and come back out.

"So, Bunce told me you were auditioning?" he says lazily, stretching. He's bloody perfect.

I narrow my eyes. "When'd she tell you that?"

Baz pauses, looking momentarily like a deer caught in headlights-nothing obvious, no one but me would notice, and I've been living with him for seven, bordering on eight, years- before he recovers his usual smug facade. "Well, Bunce told Welbelove, and Welbelove told me." Merlin, he's a good liar. Agatha never talks to Baz. It's a wonder they're still together.

I glare at Baz. He's so lucky. He's rich, powerful, and has Agatha Welbelove as a girlfriend. And he doesn't care. He's so stuck-up, he doesn't even talk to Agatha. Just sits there at the top and orders around his minions. He even calls them that. Minions.

I frown at him. "Yes, I am trying out. Why?"

Baz doesn't answer, (of course), just grabs his uniform from the wardrobe and goes into the bathroom, closing the door. (He feels the same way about changing in front of me as I do him.)

I walk down to the great room and sit down next to Penelope. "Morning, Pen."

"Morning, Simon."

I take a scone from the basket on the table and spread a huge slab of butter on it, watching it melt and enjoying Penny's expression of disgust.

"Baz says he's auditioning." Penny says finally, yanking her eyes away from my breakfast. How do they know so much about each other and me? I suspect a conspiracy.

"Wonderful."I say, taking a sizable bite.

"That's in three hours." She continues. "You'll have to miss political science."

"I know."

This is the first year I've considered doing Drama at Watford, it was my mums idea, she did it when she was a kid. I figure I probably won't get a main part. Baz has one every year. He does everything. He's captain of our football team, is the head of every class (excepting Normal studies, Penny bested him), created Watford's first GSA, and manages to do all that, not getting a hair out of place. In other words, he's bloody perfect. And I hate him for it.