-"No, I don't." I giggle

-"Better that way, if someone breaks your heart, I break his legs." He warns me.

-"Don't worry, my mom would do that first."Shit! I didn't want to bring up my mother into the conversation.

-"Ha, yes, she can be pretty scary! What did your classmates use to call her?"

-"Voldemom."

-"She Who Must Not Be Named." Nana laughs.

-"So how's Inés? By the way." Crap!

-"She's fine, I guess." My father looks away.

-"It must be hard for her not to be with you." Grandpa says.

-"I don't think so, we've not been living together for the past six months anyway."

-"What?!" My father and grandpa scream at the same time. 

-"She's been living in Israel for about six months now, grandpa you knew, she mentioned it on Thanksgiving."

-"That's true Søren, she said it during dinner."

-"Thanksgiving?" My dad asks, he is confused, didn't he know? He spoke with mom, right?

-"She mentioned it, but as a possibility not a fact." Grandpa assures.

-"And what is she even doing there?" Nana asks.

-"She went there last year for a conference about new methods of surgery or something like that, and she met some people who invited her to work with them on some sort of research and experimental something, it was a good opportunity so she went."

-"It's good to know that some women are working hard." Grandpa remarks and looks at Emma. I look at my father and he looks pissed.

-"And you have been living alone?" Emma asks in disbelief.

-"No, I have been living mainly with Sofi, my aunt, and sometimes with my grandparents."

-"You've been living with Sofi?" Grandpa asks, and I nod my head yes. "Oh, I would pay to see that, the woman is something special. And how is she doing?"

-"She's great, last year she graduated from Dartmouth with a major in English and she was freelance writing for a while, but she got her own small column in Elle magazine, so fashion plus writing, she's happy."

-"How old is she?" Asks Emma.

-"She turned 26."

-"So did Santiago, right?"

-"Oh, Søren, they are twins, of course, they have the same age, and how is he?" Nana says.

-"He's good, he graduated three years ago from Harvard, but last year he was accepted in med school."

-"Oh he's also following the career path, that's good! And where is he going?" Asks grandpa.

-"He went to Johns Hopkins, but mom persuade him and he transferred to, uh, Stanford." I say and I look down, I definitely did not want to mention Stanford under any circumstance.

-"Oh, like your mother." 

-"Yes, Nana, like my mother."

There's an awkward silence and the tension is tangible, this is still a touchy subject for me, so I would rather not keep on talking about this.

-"Have you tried any of the food?" Emma asks trying to change the subject, and I'm grateful for that.

-"Most of it is meat, so this one won't eat." My grandpa points at me, he is mocking me but Emma doesn't  seem to notice because she asks:

-"Are you a vegetarian? I cannot believe it, I didn't even think about it!"

I look at my grandpa and we both start to laugh, I don't do it to be mean but because it is so hilarious for me to even think about becoming a vegetarian.

-"I'm just being sarcastic Emma, she's half Argentinian, no one loves meat so much as Argentinians, her grandparents would disinherit her if she ever thinks about going vegan."

Emma laughs too, and my grandpa continues on laughing but I know he's not laughing with her, but at her, my father notices that and although I like that he's not having a good time, I don't like that Emma is becoming the target, she's been nothing but nice at me, and I don't want to be mean to her.

-"Emma, do you want to go and get some drinks? I'm really thirsty." She smiles at me and she mummers thank you, and I know she means it.

We are walking to the table with the drinks and Emma is looking everywhere.

-"I'm going to go and find Charlie. Would you mind waiting here?"

-"It's fine, I can wait." And she leaves.

All of the drinks are looking refreshing so I'm wondering which one to choose, all of them seem delicious. This is why my life is a mess, I can't even pick a damn drink.

-"Virgin?"

What did he just say? I turn around and I see a young, tall brunette boy standing in front of me, he gives me a cocky smile and I'm about to lose it, I'm seriously about to slap this ass in the face.

Hey guys! I want to please ask you to vote if you like the story and tell me in the comments what do you think about the story so far.

I'm also thinking about putting Ángela's outfits on the media because I feel like it is a little bit boring to write details of every outfit, and because clothes and fashion are important for me I would like to share to you my visions about Ángela's style because I feel that also helps you to know and understand the character.      -A