Good Morning

Johnny's P.O.V.

I looked down at the boy in my arms. How he had ended up so close was a mystery, but I knew I wanted him closer. I wrapped my arms lazily around the younger boy to make it seem more casual in case Soda or Darry were to wake up. Perhaps it wouldn't look the same as the way I saw it. Maybe they would see it at friends while I saw it as a boy desperately wanting this moment to never end. I let myself fall asleep, the sound of his breathing hypnotic, leading me to a sleep of peace. Something I haven't experienced for a long time.

Ponyboy's P.O.V.
I woke up to an odd warmth, not provided by my older brother, yet still comforting. The memories of last night forgotten through a sleepy daze, I was honestly shocked to see Johnny Cade, let alone him being so close to me. Had we been cuddling all night? Then again who was I to complain?

I looked at him, Johnny looked so at rest. I had never seen him ever look this calm. I couldn't help it. Though I didn't want to ruin this moment I reached my hand out and placed it on his cheek. I wanted to know this was real. That this was really Johnny. Scared little Johnny who now looked so calm. That he really was cuddling with me. His face was warm and he surprisingly didn't stir from my touch as I assumed he would. My thumb ever so slightly stroked his cheek, making sure not to touch his scar. It was a sensitive part of him and would wake him up for sure. I couldn't believe that this was real. Then I looked at his lips and felt a longing for them to be on mine. They just look like lips you would want to kiss. I leaned in ever so slightly then forced myself to not move any closer. This was just something I couldn't do. Not like this. It would wake him up and everything would be ruined and this moment would be gone. Truthfully I didn't want to leave his arms and that's exactly what I would have to do if I went through with it.

Although, I still wanted to take advantage of the moment, so I did. I nuzzled my way into his neck but didn't find myself satisfied. I'll admit it was comfortable but I wanted something more. I moved my head slowly so I wouldn't wake him and lay my head on his chest. Once I settled I noticed a sound. A rhythmetic beat. I could hear Johnny's heart beating and I immediately sighed in content. The moment seemed perfect as it was, but by listening to the sound of Johnny Cade's heart, it made it even better. It was all so calming.

Then he started stirring and I started to panic. I couldn't let this end not when it all seemed to be perfect. He would wake up and then pull a part from me.

Unless...

I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. Though I actually had to focus on not falling asleep because his heart beating was so calming.

I heard a yawn and his arms moved around me a little.

"H-huh?" I heard him say and he let out another yawn.

"P-Pony? Hm.."

I didn't move.

"Mm sleepy."

I felt a hand hesitantly move to my hair as it drew back once then came back, resting on my greaser hair. I tried not to make it obvious that I was pretending to be asleep, although it was hard as I was trying to remain calm. Then his hand started to gently stroke my hair and I couldn't help but blush and nuzzle him a little. It felt nice....It felt right.

Johnny's P.O.V.

I woke up feeling more rested than I have ever been and I have no one but Ponyboy Curtis to thank. Although I still felt a little groggy.

"H-huh?" I yawned

When I opened my eyes I woke up to the cutest person snuggled up to me. My crush.

"P-Pony?Hm.."

He seemed to still be asleep and I smiled at him. Glory he was so cute and also warm.