The Ring of the Door Bell

Finally the first day of school ended. It was long. I ended up siting by myself at lunch and not talking to anyone other than Cameron and Aaron in my second period.
*Ding Dong*
"Ugh" I groan to myself. I open the door and almost cry and pass out right there.
"KATIE I MISSED YOU SO FREAKING MUCH," I try not to fall as I pull her inside my door.
Katie is my old best friend from New Jersey. We were friends for 9 years before I left. I loved Katie and I haven't seen her in over a year so this was really special to me.
"I was supposed to come three weeks ago but Travis went to the hospital for his heart," she says sadly.
Travis is Katie's little brother. Ever since he was born five years ago he has had an irregular heart beat. This causes him to sometimes have to go to the hospital.
"No Trav is way more important, is he okay now?"
"Yeah he's fine he just needed to stay under some medical attention for 15 days."
"Katie I'm so sorry."
"Well don't be. I'm here to see you and not worry about anyone else."
"Alright then," I sigh.
"So how's life?"
"It sucks. I have no friends and every day drags on," I respond truthfully.
She hugs me and looks around the house.
"K, I wish I could help!"
Katie sometimes calls me K. She's done this since second grade.
"It's okay... So how are things in Jersey?"
"Not the same without you. I tried to become friends with some other people but we don't connect like we used to."
"I don't think anyone could connect like us!"
"Hahahaha true"
We end up talking for five more hours until I realize it's nine o'clock.
"You can make yourself comfortable in the guest room," I say.
"Okay."
"I'm so glad you came," I sigh while hugging her.
"Me too."

*Just to clear some confusion, Mackenzie's parents aren't home. They have been gone for the last two days on a business trip together. So, the house is all to Mackenzie and Katie. 5/15/16*