Chapter 42

PLEASE READ A/N AT THE END. Thanks😊

*Roxie's p.o.v.*

I think Maggie has had a miscarriage. She said that she felt a sharp pain in her stomach, which probably isn't good. I mean, I've almost been pregnant for as long as she has and I'm fine. So, we are gonna take her back to the hilltop before we deal with Negan's group.

Yeah, we made a deal with the leader of the hilltop, that if he gave us half of their food and other stuff, we would take care of Negan's group for them. They clearly agreed to the trade and here we are now.

Negan's group must be very big and ruthless from what I've heard. Some of his men and my dad, Sasha, and Abraham, got into a little disagreement, that ended in my dad blowing Negan's men to ash and dust with a rocket launcher. Speaking of my dad, he went out to, I'm guessing, look for Carol, (who left, only leaving us with a note saying that she wasn't coming back and that she doesn't want us to look for her) like yesterday and hasn't came back yet. I'm really worried about him. Michonne, Glenn, Rosita, and Morgan went out to get him back, but they aren't back either. Which piles onto my worries. Michonne is like my mother I never had. Literally, I never ever saw my mom. Glenn is like my big, protective, but goofy brother. I'm not that close to Rosita, but the conversations we have had were nice enough to make me worry about her too. I've never really talked to Morgan, but I care about everyone in this group.

I'm guessing Carl can sense my worrying and walks over to me, wrapping his arms around my torso from behind. "What's wrong?" He asks nicely. "Noth-" "Don't say nothing. I know you're worried about something."

"My dad and the others have been gone for too long. I don't know what could happen to them, and you know me. I think of every worse possible scenario and think it's true." I spill out. I usually don't do this, but he's my husband and I need to tell him how I feel.

"I'm sure they are all fine. Soon enough, they are gonna walk through those gates, and they are gonna be waiting for us to get back from killing all of Negan's group, and they are gonna be fine. We will all live here happily until the next thing happens, and you will have our baby, and everything will be alright." He says so calmly that it calms me down. "You are the best." I say turning around to face him.

We kiss passionately. "Oh, god. Well, your dad said to be ready in ten minutes." Sasha said covering her eyes. We laugh, pulling apart, and say that we'll be down there soon. We just have to finish packing.

I peck his lips once more and throw in extra ammo into a separate bag and slip on my shoes. We grab the two bags, and walk out to the rv that is just outside the house. I put the stuff down next to the rest of the bags, which is only two more. Me and Carl were in charge of packing food, water, and ammo,that's why we have two bags.

"Hey, Roxie. Go get Maggie and help her to the rv." Rick says. "Okay." I say and jog off to get Maggie.

"Hey, Maggie? We are getting ready to leave." I say once I find her on the couch in her house. She looks horrible. She looks pale and sweaty, but cold at the same time.

"Yeah, okay." She says trying to get up on her own. "Woah now. Let me help you." I say and walk over to her. I help, gently pulling her up, and wrap her arm around my shoulders. "Thank you." She says. "No problem." I say as I help her walk to the rv. I wish we had a wheelchair, that would make her feel much more comfortable.

We get to the rv and Rick picks her up, bridal style, and lays her down on the bed thing in the back.

I feel awful for Maggie. First Glenn not coming back yet, and now her baby? That's just terrible. And maybe I'm being a little selfish by saying this, but I just hope that doesn't happen to me.....yeah that was a little selfish now that I think about it. I shrug and walk into the rv, with Carl and the rest of the group behind me.