Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO

“Your room is this way Miss,” said the young girl who had been called to take Victoria to her room.

Victoria stood up taller and followed the girl, watching her small black pigtails bounce on the back of her shoulders. Doing so, she failed to notice the sign which stated that the building they here entering was Student Dorms. The young girl stopped in front of a room labelled 6A and bid Victoria good bye.

“Wait,” Victoria said suddenly, “What’s your name?”

"Emilie.” The girl smiled before turning and running jubilantly down the stairs.

A small smile appeared on blonde girls lips before turning and facing the door. She stared at the gold metal 6A that adorned the door long enough to notice that there was a chip on the right side of the A. Finally she decided to reach forward and tug the handle down.

As she stepped inside, she let out a horrified gasp. There were five single beds in the room. Five! How dare they put the Victoria Eldridge in common housing with other students! This was an utter atrocity, and a look of disgust passed over her perfectly made up face. The room was quite messy, clothes and shoes adorned the dark wood floors, and the white walls were littered with posters of bands and celebrities Victoria had never cared to learn the name of.

There was only one bed free from a personal duvet or pillow, and that was the one on the far end of the room. Her face scrunched up in displeasure, Victoria made her way across the room on the balls of her feet.

“Disgusting,” She muttered, kicking aside a magazine, “Absolutely disgusting.”

She practically threw her coat down on her bed in attempt to hide the hideous green duvet. It didn’t please her, but she turned towards the nearest window and took a deep, soothing breath in attempt to calm herself. Her eyes snapped open at the realisation. She had asked specifically for her own personal quarters. She could make a complaint!

Slinging her coat over her arms, she made her way back downstairs, heading towards the general direction of the reception. After a couple of wrong turns, she made it back to the recption desk. The room situation had made her on edge; what if they'd messed up her other requests? The very thought made her shudder.

"Excuse me?" She asked the receptionist pointedly.

The receptionist looked up from her computer, a confused look on her face. "Yes?"

"You've messed up my rooming situation," Victoria spoke, not even trying to keep the edge out of her tone, "You've put in a dorm room instead of the suite that was requested."

Though the confused look still adorned her aged features, a small smile had been etched into the lines of her face, "We don't make mistakes at Danforth. I think you must be the one mistaken."

Victoria leaned forward, placing her gloved hands on the desk. Her face was inches from the receptionists, and she stared straight into her frightened eyes. "Listen here; I don't care if I have to stay in that musty dorm, but I do not make mistakes. Do you understand that?"

The receptionist nodded her head furiously, and Victoria pulled back, satisfied. "Send my bags up to the room, and if there are any further issues, my lawyer will be notified."

"Okay, Miss Eldridge. I'll do as you please." She stuttered, and a satisfied smirk caught Victoria's lips.

Yes, yes she would.

*

Walking back through the dormitory, Victoria was taking notice of the sounds which she wouldn't usually notice. For example, the distant rumble of a lawn mower down on the grounds, the yelling voice of an adult and -

Voices.

Voices coming from upstairs. Much more specifically; her dorm room.

Victoria's face heated up and she had to stop and steady herself on the stairs. Pressing her hand against the pink fabric of her dress, she willed her beating heart to slow down. She wasn't sure why she was so nervous about meeting her roommates, but she suspected it was because the girls could easily be poor and unfavourable of her tastes. At least that was what she was telling herself.

She squeezed her eyes shut, frustrated with herself.

'Get yourself together!' she thought, 'There's no reason to be nervous. Be yourself and don't worry about what those inconsequential, hormonal teenage girls think of you.'

The walk up the stairs was considerably shorter with Victoria's mind only settled on being confident. She was utterly embarrassed at the thought that someone could have seen her little breakdown. She never used to experience them until it happened, and she despised them with all her being. They made her feel weak and vulnerable, which Victoria Eldridge was not.

This time, Victoria didn't even pause before pushing open the door to her room. The laughter and voices immediately ceased as soon as the girls inside saw her at the door. There were three girls, two sitting lazily on the bed opposite the door, and one on the floor.

"Um, hello?" One of the girls on the bed spoke, her bright blue chewing gum visible in her mouth as she chewed obnoxiously. Her rude tone earned a slap from the girl sitting next to her.

"I'm so sorry," The other girl spoke to Victoria, her face turning as red as her hair, "That's Jordan, I'm Violet, and this is Rosalie," She gestured to the girl on the floor who waved, "I'm guessing you're our new roommate."

"Yes, I am act-" Victoria began, but she was quickly cut off by a loud laugh.

"Wait what?!" Jordan eyed Victoria with a disapproving eye, "You look like a teacher."

A look of distaste took over Victoria's features, "Excuse me, but I dress classy, not trashy." She added, openly eyeing Jordan's ripped jeans and combat boots.

Jordan pursed her red lips angrily and Rosalie looked at Victoria in surprise, "Are you Victoria Eldridge?"

"That's me," Victoria spoke politely, "The one and only."

"Are you famous?" Violet frowned, confused.

"No, but she might as well be," Rosalie said brightly before Victoria could answer, "Though not under the right circumstances. Instead of modelling or something, she was made known by-"

"Where's the bathroom?" Victoria asked quickly, hoping the frightened look in her eyes was only visible to Rosalie, who pointed her in the right direction.

Hopefully she'd stopped talking.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Hope you guys liked!

Please vote if you did, it'd mean a lot!

Annnnd don't forget to comment. Tell me what you liked, dislike, etc.

Love you guys! c:

-Molly x