Chapter 2: The Simple Woman

Ianne's POV

Here I am today, as if it was just yesterday. I am on my way now heading to my old man's hidden paradise.
This place has been his shelter from the busy world he used to live. But living alone doesn't mean he needed to stay away from his real life. He just needed to rest.
I cannot imagine my life would be without his help.
He treated like his own.
He seldom talk about his family but as I grew old I learned how he became alone.
I am Clarriane Lee Aravilla.
I earned my degree in one of the well-known international school of this country.
I got no family with me.Abandoned by my so-called parents. And the old man who helped me served as my family.
As I sped up my car, I couldn't believe myself to see the beauty of this paradise. As I busied myself driving and enjoying the view my heart felt a sudden jolt of loneliness about my old man.
The doctor called me last night and told me to hurry myself of going home.
I never had a good sleep.
I had stolen one of the business cards inside his walls and tried to call the number written there.
But it is no use. I wasn't able to tell him about the old man's condition.
As I reached the place I hurriedly run into his room.
The doctor was there and Mrs. Mabel.
Good gracious, thank goodness you're finally here!" She said while giving me a hug.
"Yeah, am here now." I replied.
As I looked on the old man's face, I asked the doctor about his possible recovery.
"There will be no answer to that Ianne. You knew his conditions from the very start. You were there when he made his decision's final. And mind you, only his grandson could make it possible." He said with much concern in his voice.
"We were thinking that you're the only one who could do it. Ms. Ianne. I know I'm not in the position to say this, but would you go and find him?" sad voice that made mev shiver.
"Yes, Ianne." said the doctor while patting my shoulder.
I was shocked.
But I cant say a word.
I just felt my eyes with tears running down on my face. I picked up my bag and went out of the room.
This simple woman will be facing a great war.

~~
Hey,
Thanks to you!
Hope you will find this more interesting.
Happy reading!

~missedH