Chapter 3: The Track

Start from the beginning

I blowed dried and brushed my hair before glancing at my reflection in the mirror: my dark brown hair cascaded in waves down my shoulders and my blue eyes looked just like Carter's; dark blue with a hint of silver. Nothing special if you ask me.

I threw on some sweats and decided that I'd dress myself up later. I'd probably be lounging around the house for a few hours before Danny and I even left the house.

I sighed and made my way back into my bedroom to wake up Danny. It was currently ten in the morning and he needed to get his lazy bones out of bed.

"Danny." I whispered. Only to get a grunt in response from Danny.

"Danny wake up." I said in my normal tone of voice this time.

"Mmph..." Danny mumbled.

"Danny wake up or I'm getting the damn bucket."

"Mmph hmm..." Danny groaned. Well I guess he left me no other choice.

I walked into the garage and grabbed a blue plastic bucket. Yep this should be big enough. I made my way into the kitchen only to be greeted by Jeremy. He too held a plastic bucket similar to mine however his was red.

"Carter won't wake up?" I asked Jer as I walked into the kitchen.

"Nope. And he's supposed to be leaving for work in an hour," he sighed shaking his head "Shouldn't you be at school?"

"Dev let me stay home to hang out with Danny before he flies back to California tomorrow."

"Oh okay. Danny still asleep?"

I grinned "Not for long."

Jeremy chuckled and went to the freezer to grab some ice cubes. He dumped half of them in his bucket and then half in mine. He then proceeded to fill them both with cold water from the sink. We would have to wait a few minutes until the water cooled down so I might as well strike up a conversation.

"You still have that waterproof cover over his mattress?" I asked Jer referring to Carter.

"Yeah. The last time I threw water on Carter his mattress was ruined and so Dev had me put it on his bed." Jeremy affirmed "Do you still have one on yours?"

"Yep. Dev ruined my mattress last year because I wouldn't wake up for training remember?"

Jer chuckled lightly at my statement.

"Hey you wanna see who can make their victim scream the loudest?" I cocked an eyebrow at Jer's proposal.

"Well when you say it like that it makes us sound like serial killers or something." I grimaced whilst grabbing more ice cubes from the freezer and plopping them into our buckets. Jeremy rolled his eyes.

"I'm totally gonna win" Jer boasted.

"Pfft... In your dreams Jeremy. Come on the water should be cold enough now."

Jer grabbed the ice cubes from our buckets and threw them in the sink. We walked over to the doors of where our "victims" were sleeping.

"Don't get anything that belongs to Dev wet." I whispered to Jer, reminding him that Dev shared the master bedroom with Carter.

He nodded and then began counting down from three with his fingers.

Three

Two

One

Jeremy and I both let out a fierce battle cry. I drenched Danny with the freezing water. He yelped and shot up in bed, his icy blue eyes focusing on me.