"Yeah, well you aren't a saint yourself!"

I laughed before he turned on the shower. I was about to leave the room when his cell phone vibrated with a text. I ignored it then walked toward the door and stopped. I know I shouldn't, but I'm just too curious. I quietly walked back to the bed and looked at his phone. The text read: So are we still meeting at the bar at 7 tomorrow? From.... Catalina. Is he seeing someone? I feel so god damn nosey, but I just couldn't help it. Whatever. I left the room.

~~In the car

I decided to drive today, so Nico was in the passengers seat and Christiano and Vinny followed behind in an SUV. We got out of the car and walked toward a warehouse.

"What are we doing here?"

He asked.

"Just picking up an order. The one we came to verify yesterday, remember?"

"Oh, right."

Vinny types into the key pad and the garage door opened. Rows and rows of boxes containing guns and bullets occupied the dark warehouse.

"We'll start loading it in to the SUV."

Christiano said lifting a huge box effortlessly. I nodded. I walked down the rows inspecting my inventory as Nico followed behind me. I came across a box that wasn't taped shut. I opened it and pulled out a new gun.

"How long has it been since you shot a gun?"

I asked.

"I don't know, like a year?"

He shrugged. I loaded the gun and handed it to him.

"Show me what you got. Shoot out that light bulb."

I said pointing to the light across the warehouse. Nicholas looked at me confused at first, then he pulled up the gun and shot a perfect bullet to blow out the light.

"Nice."

"It's been a while, but I still got it."

He smiled and placed the gun back in the box.

"No, keep it. You'll need it for tonight."

"Tonight? Oh, don't make me do what I think you're asking me to do."

"Better grow some balls because we are going to that witness's house."

"Why do you care so much if I go?"

"Why do you care so much that I'm making you go?"

I countered the question. Nico looked down and clenched his jaw.

"You wouldn't understand."

"Try me."

"Boss, let's go. We got everything that we need."

Vinny called out.

Nico pushed past me and went straight to the car.

"What the hell is your problem?"

I muttered.

~~~~In the car

I call Vinny who is driving in the other car.

"Vin, go on ahead, I'm going to stop back at the house to drop off Nic-"

Nico ripped the phone out of my hands then hung up.

"Why the hell did you do that? I was doing what you wanted!"

"I'll go."

"Don't do me any favors."

"I said I'll go. Though I don't see how killing an innocent helps anything."

"Fine. Just don't be such a bipolar ass about it."

~~~~~~

I park the car several blocks away from the target's house. After many hours of scouting and observing the block, Vinny and Christiano got out of the car and they were ready to go. We jumped through several yards and over some fences before reaching her backyard. I checked the glass sliding door on the porch to see if it was unlocked. It wasn't. I snapped and Christiano tossed me a lock pick. I then effortlessly slid the door open. The house was dark and quiet. She must be asleep. I made Vin and Christiano stand guard on the porch while Nico and I made our way into the house. The first room we checked was empty, the second was an office, and the third was her bedroom. But there wasn't anyone in the bed.

"Where the hell is she?"

I whispered. Just then a flash of headlights burst through the window.

"She's here!"

Christiano cried out from the living room before returning the the porch with Vinny.

"Damn, this was supposed to be a quiet and clean operation!"

I spat then grabbed Nico's hand and pulled him into the living room.

"Guess we are going to have to do this the messy way."

I sat on the couch waiting for her to walk in.

Her keys jingled then the door squeaked open. An unaware woman walked into her house carrying grocery bags then froze after turning on the lights and seeing Nico and I sitting there. The woman dropped the bags.

"You... You're from the Romano family, aren't you? I knew it was just a matter of time."

"It must be hard. Living every day in fear that someone will be sent to kill you just because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. But don't worry, you won't have to live that way much longer. My friend here will make it stop."

Nico sighed then stood up and took out his gun. The woman began to shake, but she did not try to run.

"I'm sorry."

Nico whispered.

Then the gun was triggered and the bullet pierced the woman. Nico's eyes widened at the sight of the woman's body lying in a pool of blood.

"We gotta go Nico, the cops are going to show up soon."