Chapter 10

A/N: before reading this one, you might want to go back to chapter three. I realized that Matthew came in twice, as a human then an angel. It doesn't change that much, just at the part where Lovino meets the rest of the BTT. Kay byyyyeeeeeeee~.

------------------------------------------------------

Antonio, Belle, Arthur, and Matthew (aha, that was it!) sprinted across the grounds, struggling to keep up the hurried pace. Belle stayed ahead of the group, with Arthur taking up the back.

As they reached the shed, Antonio forced himself to slow, catching his breath as they crept forward. Antonio was reminded suddenly of the night he'd first met Lovino, which didn't bode well considering the aftermath.

The four newcomers joined a small huddle of angels already gathered behind a huge pile of firewood.

Already, three other groups had arrived, and were preparing to go into the shed. Antonio peered past them to get a glimpse of Lovi.

About fifty yards away, a large tin-walled structure loomed above the bare earth, light falling across the ground through paned windows. It barely fit the description of "shed" being that it was at least 1,500 square feet and equipped with a small smokehouse. He could see the silhouettes of people moving around inside, but he couldn't see a definite sign that proved Lovino's presence.

"How do you know that he's even in there?" The Spaniard hissed to Arthur. "We went to the window earlier." He whispered back. "He's in the middle of the room, duct taped to a bloody chair. They seem like they're questioning him about something, God knows what. Whatever it is, I don't think he's giving them what they want to know, because they seemed rather irked, to say the least. At least they haven't hurt him yet, that we can see."

Antonio grimaced. "Thank god he's okay, for now. What are we waiting for, anyway? Let's go."

He began to rise, but Arthur grabbed his arm, pulling him back. "Not yet," he said, "we're waiting for Roma. He should be here soon-- there he is!"

He pointed to two figures descending over the yard until they were skimming the ground, wings tilting to keep balance. As they drew up to the group, Antonio could see the look of desperation on Roma's face. His companion, another angel who must have gone to fetch him, looked nervous, to say the least.

"Where's Feliciano?" Roma asked, ever concerned about his grandchildren.

"He's coming, we sent Matthew after him." Jackson said. Antonio vaguely recalled the small blonde flying back the way they'd come moments ago. "We told him to take Feli and go back to the car. With their demeanor, they'd just be a liability at this point."

Roma nodded grimly. "I suppose so. Anyway, we should get going. We don't have time to dawdle anymore." The group nodded as a whole, wings arching and muscles tensing. Belle had a murderous look on her face that made even Antonio shift away from her a little.

They turned toward the shed and charged, screaming like banshees.

------------------------------------------------------

"Why can't we fight?! I can still help, I don't care if they're scary!" Feliciano demanded as he flapped his wings spastically to keep pace with Matthew. He wanted to help save his brother, why were they still babying him?!

Just because he got scared sometimes, or couldn't fly outside alone for fear of humans and getting lost, that didn't mean-- tears stung his eyes, just like they always did when he got frustrated. Stupid, stupid! He felt so helpless, unable to do anything.