"Because I did something bad. I don't understand. Whenever someone does something bad and I try to get back at them I always get in trouble."

"Well, you just need to find other way to do things. Less messier ways."

"No one ever says things like that. They just yell."

"As a teacher I have to know how to talk to children. Most people don't have the patience. That doesn't mean they don't care about you."

"I guess so."

"Well, I have to go home now. I'll see you tomorrow, ok?"

"Ok. Can you tell sergeant I said hi."

"Sure. Don't get into anymore trouble today."

"No promises." He said with a grin.

I shook my head and walked to my car. When I got home Val was laying in bed with the twins.

"Hi honey." I said. She looked at me and started laughing. "Why are you laughing?"

"What happened to you?"

"Oh Carter squeezed paint on me by accident. It also hit Leah and a boy named Joey."

"I dont remember a boy named Joey.'

"He's new and a bully. That's why Carted covered him in paint."

"Well if it helps, I kind of like the blue thing you have going on there." She said touching the ends of my hair

"Shut up." I said playfully hitting her hand. She grabbed me and lifted me off the ground. Then we heard thunder which woke up the twins and it was time for us to go calm them down

"You need to change your son's diaper." Val said pointing to Josh

"He's your son too." She picked Jacob up and walked away leaving me with Josh. "I guess its just me and you." I changed him and brought him to the living room with Val and Jacob.

(Val's POV)

"Now he's my son." I said laughing. Chloe rolled her eyes and put Joshua in a bassinet and sat down. It wasn't long before she got up again to answer the door. "Sweetheart, who is it?" I said getting up and walking to the door. It was Nina. I instantly got angery

"Val, before you say anything. I need you're help."

"No. Hell no. I don't want anything to do with you and the only thing that's saving you is the fact that my sons and fiancé are here."

"I know what I did was wrong and I'm sorry but Olivia is missing and I need your help to find her."

"No. You need to go missing too. Maybe my life would be a little easier."

"Val, please. I need your help."

"What makes you think I can help you.'

"I don't know. You seem to know everything."

I looked at Chloe and she gave me a look that said she wanted to talk.

"Nina, hold on for a second." Chloe said pulling me into our room

"Chloe, I'm not helping." I said before she closed the door

"What if it was me?"

"What?"

"What if I was the one who went missing?"

"It wouldnt be you because I wouldn't lose you and if you did go missing I would find you and beat the shit out the person who took you."

"What if you couldn't find me by yourself?"

"No, I know what this is and you are not pulling me into this."

"Val, I know you don't like Nina. I dont either. However, losing someone you love is something that no one should go through."

"She didn't give a damn when I almost lost you."

"This is different. Olivia is missing as in gone. You knew where I was."

"I thought they broke up. Why is she looking for her."

"During the time we were separated, if my mama or one of my siblings called and said I was missing, you would have all parts of the military looking for me. Just because two people are seperated doesn't mean they stopped caring."

I really hate when Chloe does things like this. I dont feel like another adventure or journey. I just want to relax but every time I feel like my life is somewhat normal, some more bullshit is thrown my way.

"Ugh! What if I get shot at?"

"I'm sure she's not in that type of predicament."

"No, this is when you say something like that and next thing I know, I'm hanging upside down from a ceiling, tied to a chair, or a gun pointed at my face. I'm trying to stay alive. My fellow soldier will just have to find her way back by herself."

"Just, at least try to find her location. After that you can call the police or something."

"Fine. You owe me."

"You can have whatever you want." She winked at me a walked away. I followed her back to the living room where we found Nina holding Jacob.

"I still don't like you. Put my son down." I said

"Fine fine. I won't hurt little Jacoby."

"Its Jacob and I will help you but just this once. If we find her and she goes missing again, that's her ass I'm not helping again." Chloe elbowed me in my side

"Thanks. I'll be back tomorrow."

"Yeah yeah. Now get out." I said pushing Nina out the door and closing it. When I turned around Chloe was standing there with her amrs crossed. "What?"

"You are a asshole."

"What did I do." She just walked off. "So does this mean I don't get what I want?" She didn't say anything. I looked over at the twins and shrugged.