twenty.

"Well then you should've thought about that before you messed with me," Ashton said, clearly not seeming to want anything to do with me.

"I didn't mean any of this to go the way that it did, please just let me explain myself before you decide that I'm just a whore trying to get all the guys that I can." I pleaded.

A heavy sigh left his lips as he closed the car door and slowly began to walk over to me.

"I'll give you 5 minutes," he said. "And if your explanation isn't good enough I'm leaving."

"I guess that's fair," I began, feeling slightly stressed about how he might take it. "So first off the other guy's name is Calum, we go to school together, and he's a total fuckboy. I never would've even given him a second glance if we had never been paired together for a project, but we were. From there he caught interest in me but all he did was play games with me and treated me as if I was nothing but his personal entertainment. I was stupid enough to think I had a thing for him, but I think all I really liked was the attention he gave me."

"Wow, seems like I had some real competition. I can see how this choice was so hard for you to make," Ashton said sarcastically.

"Just let me finish. So in short, he's an asshole that enjoys messing with me. You though, are so different. I feel comfortable with you and your presence makes me happy and I realize now that what I've really wanted all along was to be with you."

It wasn't for another moment or two that anything else was said. We just stood in the grass, listening to the loud noises coming from the place we had just been.

"You don't even understand what it's like," he finally said.

"What is?"

"How it felt when you just deserted me as if it was nothing," he started. "I know we'd only had one date, and I know that I'm coming off as quite clingy, but I hadn't felt the same way about anyone else as I did with you in a long time. Getting a text from you or hearing your voice somehow managed to make my day instantly better, but then you just stopped and I didn't know what had happened. Then to find out it's because of some dumbass kid who hurts you only makes it worse."

"I was just dumb and confused, I'm sorry," I pleaded.

He sighed for what seemed like the hundredth time, but took a step towards me anyway. He then raised his hand and placed it under my chin, tilting my head so that I was starting straight into his eyes.

"Are there any other crazy high school boys I should know about?" He asked.

"Not at all."

"Good."

As he finished his short reply he then leaned into me, pressing his lips to mine in what seemed to be the softest way possible. I took my awkward hands from my sides and began to lift them to his shoulders, completely forgetting about the other boy I was leaving behind.

A/N

So short chapters that take me forever to update will likely be the pattern for a while, sorry :/// I have finals to study for and sports to play and friends that I have to maintain friendship with and such