46 ~ Can't Help Falling In Love With You

Depuis le début

"I agree. Alexander is working on that although I don't think she would physically harm us."

"Doesn't matter." She waved her hand as if erasing what I just said and shaking her head. "When a person feels jilted, anger, or negativity, all conscious intentions seem to dissipate. That's great that Alexander is helping you through this but if Terrance is working for Grace who says he might not be the one doing the harm?"

I covered my mouth. So many scenarios started to play through my head. You hear of these maniacs hurting children and if something was to happen to Mia..., she was right, all conscious intensions would be replaced.

"I need to be careful. You're right especially now that I am pregnant and engaged."

"Congratulations." She looked startled. "Who is the lucky guy?"

"Alexander."

"I didn't think you knew him that long?"

"I...well probably not, but it's love. It was a surprise that he asked me so soon." I almost let the secret slip out.

"The way you have spoken about him he seems like a really nice guy."

"He is."

"Are you getting married because of the pregnancy?"

"No, we love each other."

"It just seems so soon. Are you sure this is the right decision at this time?"

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Yes it's the right decision, I want to be happy."

"I don't want you settling. I just want to make sure you are happy."

"I am." She was starting to tick me off a little. Didn't I tell her I was happy, damn!

"Wow what a big rock?" She held my hand looking down at the ring.

"Thank you." I remained quiet.

"I've noticed lately that you speak of Alexander more with adoration than you did of Eric. He seems to have replaced that missing void you have mentioned before."

Here we go with her psychoanalysis

"I think he has. I feel safe and protected and loved by Alexander. What Eric and I had was love but I'm more in love with Alexander. I shouldn't say that, as Eric sacrificed a lot for me."

"You were both younger then. Maturity, racial and social economics played a vital role in you alls relationship. His parents and ex were out to make you the bad guy because of the color of your skin. That's a lot to deal with on top of the rape and being beaten. Eric walked away. He gave you money but he should have stayed. Unfortunately he died, but I wonder if he put himself in that situation. You said you know he loved you, but when you love someone, you don't leave them."

I put my head down.

"If Eric was still alive today, do you think you would be happy? Even after the rape?"

"I think so. We would have worked through it. We would have graduated and maybe I could have convinced him to move from this place years ago."