Tessa's Secret

This is my first story i have ever uploaded to wattpad.... its not that good and its short but i thought i would upload it anyway and then maybe I could continue it. If anyone does read this I hope you enjoy it and maybe you could vote thanks? love Hannah :) xx

Hi my names Theodosia Hampton, I know who would call their child such a name! Well it's Tessa for short I suppose that's ok, you can't chose your name a bit like how you cant chose family. I am fifteen years old and live in the mundane countryside of Shropshire England in a small village called Midstone. Living in the middle of nowhere is not a particularly favoured place to live for a fifthteen year old girl, but too be honest I am not that bothered I would say that i actually prefear it; the peace and quite of the outdoors. I am as normal as possible, a plain Jane but then again how is it normal to have a name like Theodosia? I have long wavy brown hair and bright blue eyes which just add to my normalness. Its now dawning the end of Summer meaning that I will have to leave my Aunt Beatrice and heading off to school. Since I can remember I have always went to boarding school which means I only retern to my Aunts house in the holidays and summer.

Aunt Beatrice (Great Aunt) is the sort of person who keeps her self to her self. A quite small old woman. She is caring but she is also cold. Distant. She has long gray fading hair tied sternly in a bun, laugh lines and piecing blue eyes which i clearly have inherited. I love her very much and she is the closest person I have ever had to a mother.

Aunt Beatrice's house is were I would spend my lonely summers as child. Mostly reading old books in the house library or exploring the garden and pottering around the small village of Midstone. Her house is large, old and dusty, it is a15th century cottage and has been in our family for years. It is a rustic old home, with creaking floor boards and secret passage ways, old fashioned floral wallpaper and home made knitted furnishings. When growing up there was not many children to play with in the village, school has been similar for I have never really seemed to truly 'fit in'. I do not trust others easily, just my Aunt and even with her I do not share much. Come to think about it I can only remember myself having one true friend and his name was Noah Tomney. We were the same age and he would visit regularly when he was sent to his grandparent's for the summer. His grandma was a good friend of my Great Aunt but she passed away about 6 years ago and I haven't seen Noah since. Its sad because he was the one thing that made my summers bearable now i have been driven into insanity- well maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but summer is now as boring as hell!

"Theodosia" called my Aunt ( the only person who calls me my full name and of course her friends)

I lifted the ginormous book that was anchored on my thighs and ran down the stairs into the kitchen where my Aunt was making what appeared to be strawberry jam.

"Oh there you are dear, would you like to come into town with me today to pick up some of your new school items?"

"sure, has my uniform arrived?" i asked curiously

" Yes its very smart, only the best at St Edwins...i have put it in your school trunk" She beamed.

I'm moving schools. Moving to St Edwins boarding schools for snobs. I was perfectly fine at my last school; finally after 4 years i was settling in. All summer Aunt Beatrice has been raving on about St Edwins and how 'she went there when she was young' and the 'educational benefits i would receive at St Edwins'. My aunt had removed me from my last school because she thought that it was not up to my standard and that St Edwins would be a better suited school for a girl like me. This is because i am smart, honestly i am not trying to rock my own boat! I am no genius but i am no dumb-ass either. Lets just say i speak 6 different languages.Enough said 'i'am a nerd'.

"ok thank you" i slowly walked backup to my bedroom

I went to my bed and knelt down and slid my trunk out from under my large old four poster bed. I pressed in my combination lock (1127) and there lay a striking green tartan below knee length skirt and a ghastly green blazer, my face sunk at the sight of it. This has got to be the most hideous uniform i have ever seen in my life. I already hate St Edwins!