Chapter 3

I dashed back to class so I wouldn't have to hear Ms. Salven complain about me. I made my way to my desk which was in the very back of the classroom. I wanted to be as far away as possible from all of the other kids. I hated being near them. Some of them drool, others scream at random points, and a bunch of them will randomly touch things. I absolutely hated it, and the only way to escape it was to sit in the back corner. I only had to deal with the kid in front of me as well as to the side of me. The kid in front of me is named Carroll. Carroll is a kid about the age of 14, who is a bit mentally challenged. He has a problem with comprehending what certain instructions are, and what to say and not to say. It isn't that big of a problem, but sometimes you can see that Carroll gets really upset with himself, and will break down.
The kid to my left is named Megan. Megan is just plain mentally retarded. She just can't function as well as some of the other kids, and she makes a mess of everything she does. Her writing always is very plain, and not very developed. I despair sitting next to her because she always tries to talk to me. Her assistant teacher always encourages me to talk to her, and give her a chance, but every time I hear her voice I can not help but develop a cringe. I absolutely hate the kids that are around me. They all are fucking retarded, and always try to communicate with me. I shouldn't be here... I shouldn't be near any of these retard, but the school system ended up fucking me over.

"So class, today we will be learning about the government which makes laws. Won't that be fun?" Ms. Salven asked in a fake cheery voice. All of the kids seemed to clap like they were extremely excited to learn, and understood what she said--Even though half of these kids can't understand what she is actually saying. It is fucking pathetic.
"So... In the government there are three," She stopped in the middle of her sentence in order to show three fingers, "Three branches." I slowly sighed to myself, and began to sink in my chair. I understand that Ms. Salven needs to baby the kids, but this is fucking ridiculous. I sighed to myself, and picked up my pencil. I looked down to my loose leaf, and started to write down some lyrics.
'If I had common sense...
I'd curl up and die...'
I smiled to myself before looking up. It was then I saw my teacher.
"Ms. Cirno.... What is this?" She exclaimed as she snatched my loose leaf out of my hand. Quickly her eyes read over the lyrics I just wrote down. Ms. Salven held her hand to her forehead, and sighed.
"Ms. Cirno. I believe that you should head to the de-" Before she could finish, the whole school began to shake. All of the kids began to panic, and some of them began to scream out loud. Ms. Salven looked around for a second before rushing to the door. I instantly stood up, and ran to the window. About fifty black vans were parked around the school, and hundred of men were rushing into the school.
"I told you! I told you..." One of the kids said as he curled up in his seat. I slowly looked to him, and began to freak out myself. Nearly three days ago, the same kid was telling the teacher that someone would enter the school. The teacher and I just brushed it off. I mean... Think about it. He is fucking mental. I never believe what any of these kids say. Some of them tell me I'll learn how to fly one day. They all are just mental.
Slowly Ms. Salven began to panic. She slammed the door shut, and put paper over the window on the door.
"Away from the windows! Away!" She yelled as I was yanked back. I fell back onto my bottom, and growled slightly. Ms. Salven was pulling down all of the blinds and urging us to move to the back of the room. Quickly, we began to form a line against the back wall. Ms. Salven began to pace back and forth. Some students began to cry at seeing Ms. Salven's scared face.
"Okay. Students.... Let's... Let's play a game! Yeah. A game!" She started as she faced us. I slowly began to grow scared in my seat as well as the other kids.
"What the fuck you mean a game? What is going on?" I spatted out due to my own fear. Ms. Salven just shot me a glare, and continued with her "game".
"Okay. Let's see who can be the most quiet. No matter what happens let's see who can be quiet. Alright? Begin!" She said in the most cheerful voice she could pull off. The kids all looked to her as fear began to swallow their faces, but they all agreed. Soon the room got very quiet. Sharp breathes were the only sounds that were heard up until the door began to shake. A deep laugh was heard from the other side of the door as the handle began to wiggle again. All of my classmates began to whimper out in fear. Ms. Salven, herself, was frozen in fear. None of knew what was going on, and that is the scariest thing.
Fearing the Unknown.