Chapter Seven

This dedication goes out out to Madison! Just because she is one of my favorite writers on here! You all should check her out! All of her books are amazingly awesome! :)

<------- Press vote if you love the beach! ;)

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Seven

Cale Morrison

Where the hell is Carmen, I think to myself as I awake from my nap on the beach. Rubbing my eyes sleepily, I attempt to turn over, but a sudden burning sensation sizzling up my back stopped me in my tracks. Great…

Trying to ignore the painful sunburn on my back, I flip over quickly. My mind instantly cursed me out for even doing so, and I cringe in pain. I’m practically black, how did I even get a sunburn?

“Holy balls, dude! What happened to you?” a voice from behind me gasps. I slowly turn my body, only to see Jude standing there, eyes wide and mouth agape.

I groan miserably as I look at my shoulder to assess the damage. Yes, sir, red as a tomato. “I fell asleep…”

With that, Jude bursts into a howl of laughter; his laugh echoing throughout the beach, earning disapproving stares from other beachgoers. “Way to go, Cale!” he laughs, his face turning the same shade of red as my shoulder. “You look like the lobsters from the other night!”

“Shut up, dude. Come inside with me to find some aloe-… whatever the hell its called,” I mutter.

“Vera?”

“Exactly.”

Jumping up, I grab my towel and head towards the house with Jude following close behind.

“Jesus!” I yelp, when my feet come in contact with burning sand. To avoid anymore burns, I dash off towards the back deck. Not even taking into consideration how ridiculous I look, I hop all the way there.

Relief finally hit me when I reached the steps. I let out a sigh and turn around, but only to see Jude barely halfway to the deck; taking his precious time. “Aren’t your feet about to melt off?”

Jude let out a chuckle and picked up his pace until he was running at full speed towards the steps. Leaping forward, he jumps over all four steps and lands flat on his feet. “If you live here all your life like me, your feet get used to it. I barely notice it anymore.” he explains and continues toward to sliding glass door.

Walking into the kitchen, I notice the house is silent other than the sound of Jude noisily opening and closing our cabinets. “What are you doing?”

“Food!” he groans. “Wheres all the junk?” Jude slides open a drawer and I hear the crunch of bags. “What is all this crap?”

“Sorry, dude, you’re not gonna find any junk in here. My parents are health freaks. Follow me.” I say and make my way towards the stairs. Taking each step two at a time, I make it up to the top in a flash and head in the direction of Carmens room.

Pushing open Carmens door, I step inside.

“Woah!” Jude says, holding up his hands in retreat. “I don’t swing that way.”

“Says the man that lets Kendal call him Judy,” I shoot back as I pull open Carmens closet door.

“Closet raid!” Jude shouts and pushes past me. Looking over his shoulder I see hes going through the Rubbermaid drawers. Full of my sisters underwear. “Thongs! Nice!”