Chapter Four

<------------------------------- See that button, yeah that button. Press it, you know you want to ;)

I dedicated this chapter to Jordan to thank her for dedicating and advertising this story on her book "Waist-Deep in Walmart". Right now that story is my favorite, along with "Madison's Hourglass" by Malpal132. Everyone must, and I mean MUST read those two stories. They are amazing and well-written. You won't regret it for a moment, and will find yourself hooked just like I am! :)  ALSO check out "We Should Get Jersey's" and "Believe Me, I'm Lying" by those two authors. They are also a big bag of awesome, and COMPLETED! So no waiting for updates which I know some of you all aren't very good at :) (me included...) So, now, on with the story! <33

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Four

Kendal Bryce

He looks horrified, am I that scary?

Thoughts like that ran through my head as Keana and I follow Carmen, the girl we recently became aquainted with. Who is he, I wonder to myself as we approach closer to where he was stretched out.

Whoever this guy was, he obviously knew Carmen. Maybe he was her boyfriend? They can’t possibly be related; they look nothing alike.

“Cale!” Carmen calls out. His eyes immediately shift towards her. Carmen plops down in her beach chair, opening the cooler next to her. “This is Kendal and Keana. Say hi.” she orders, trying to hide the smile from her face.

Cale freezes, his eyes falling to the ground for a moment before looking back up and meeting my eyes. “H-hi…” he stutters awkwardly. “I’m Cale.”

“Hi! I’m Keana!” she chirps from beside me. “Your so adorable! You did good, Carmen.”

A look of immediate disgust spreads across Carmens face. “What are you talking about?”

Keana scrunches her eyebrows, looking confused. “He’s your boyfriend, isn’t he?”

A long silence passes with Carmen staring at Keana with raised eyesbrow. Then, like a bomb going off, her laughter echos through the air, mixed with Cale’s own laughter. What’s so funny?

“You think he’s my boyfriend?” Carmen laughs, clutching her stomach. “That’s the first time I’ve heard that one…He’s my brother. Twin brother, actually.”

My eyes bulge at the word twin. They’re twins? I would not have guessed that in a thousand years. Carmen looks like the exact opposite of Cale. Her hair was long and a dark red color. Her eyes an icy shade of blue, and her skin wasn’t exactly tan, but she wasn’t pale in the least. Cale on the other hand, had hair a light shade of brown, with eyes to match, and his skin was dark, almost dark enough to be a local. He was cute, they’re was no denying that. If they had one thing in common, it was most certainly good looks.

“You’re kidding, right?” Keana asks.

“Nope, we’re twins alright. Born two minutes and thirty seconds apart, with me taking the lead.” Carmen grins.

“But you look nothing alike. You all don’t even look related.” I remark.

Carmen shrugs, and takes a sip of her Coke. “We get that a lot. But its like we tell everyone, Cale got all of our dad’s looks, and I got all of our mom’s looks. By looking at Cale and dad, you would think he gave birth to him himself.”