Chapter Twenty-Two

Beginne am Anfang

“And Marcus won’t be mad that we’ve abandoned him?”

Julian laughed, “The pups will keep him so busy he’ll never notice we’re missing.”

Abbey smiled at him again and then nestled her head into his chest and closed her eyes.

As her breathing evened out and sleep claimed her, Julian breathed in her summer rain scent and marveled at how different she seemed this morning. She seemed much more open and much less afraid and hesitant. It was good to see that with all she had given he and Marcus they had given her something in return.

Mating to them had been good for her and Julian planned on keeping her exactly this happy, or happier, for the rest of her life.

***

Monday morning found Abbey sliding from Julian’s bed, which she, Marcus and Julian had all used once again the night before, and slipping silently out of the bedroom while the brother’s slept.

She stood in the dark hall and looked up and down it. She could see

in the dark. Not as well as Julian and Marcus, which Marcus assured her would change just as soon as she became a wolf, but still she could see. The world at night was black and white due to the lack of light but details were no longer hidden from her.

And neither were sounds. Abbey could hear Julian and Marcus breathing. She could hear Audrey snoring lightly and Tanner mumbling something in his sleep.

Abbey stretched out her aching body. The ache in her muscles and the tenderness in her breasts and between her legs were the only proof that the last two night hadn’t been only a dream.

Julian and Marcus had loved her again last night. She found that Julian had been telling the truth about those marks on her shoulders. Whenever either brother so much as brushed against the marks they had placed on her it nearly sent her straight into a release and when they bit her again. And Marcus had been right. Each and every time they bit her it became harder and harder to keep herself from biting them in return.

Abbey laid her hand against her throbbing heat and whimpered. She was going to have to talk to the brother’s about taking it easy on her for a day or two….. That was if she could take it easy on them.

Abbey was amazed at how different she felt now that she had given herself to Marcus and Julian. Gone was her fear. Gone was her uncertainty. She felt much more comfortable in her own skin and much more sure of herself.

The woman that Joseph had beaten and battered was nearly nothing but a bad memory.

She made her way to the room that had been hers before she’d begun spending her nights in Julian’s bed and quickly changed out of Julian’s shirt and into a pair of jeans and a plain blue t-shirt.

She walked into the bathroom at the end of the hall, brushed her teeth and pulled back her hair. Abbey flushed when she noticed the ‘love bites’ as her mother had called them covering her neck. She knew they were all over the rest of her body as well.

Julian was only responsible for one of them, the rest were Marcus’s handywork. The man loved marking her and Abbey would be lying if she said she didn’t like it when he did.

She used a bit of makeup to hide the marks on her neck the best she could and was thankful that it was cold outside and she could wear a scarf into town to drop Audrey off at school.

“Mommy, I’m ready,” Audrey’s voice pulled Abbey from her thoughts and she turned quickly to see her daughter standing there in a long denim skirt, cowgirl boots and a flannel shirt.