Chapter 1

Its been three days since I left my pack, at first my wolf was really pissed off and wanted to know why I left and when I finally explained to her what was going on she finally shut up and agreed that leaving was the best choice.

    Now I have to stop in a little town because of several reasons, I need a new car, a hair cut, and I seriously need to do some laundry because I am running low on clean clothes, but first I need food, then hair appoiment, then shopping then car.

    Pulling into a small diner I put on my baseball cap and leave off my sunglasses because the its overcasty and I dont want to draw unwanted attention to myself, I shut down my wolf just enough so that my senses are human but she can still tell me if I am in any danger. I walk into the diner an annoying bell rings out this is followed by a voice yelling “ Hey there why dont you just take a seat anywhere and I will be with you in a second.”

    Taking a seat in the back of the diner near the ‘Exit’ sign, because you just never know, by now my pack is most likely going insane looking for me and if I need to get out of here quick I will.

    “Hey there can I get you anything to drink?” a waitress with long blonde hair and blue eyes asks me, I glance at her name tag and see her name is Ava, Ava looks to be about thirty five. I smile at her “ Sure can I have a Serria Mist please.” I tell her

    “ Sure coming right up sweetie.” she writes it down and then hands me a menu and walks off while I inwardly grimace at the term of endearment.

    ‘ You know they are probably searching everywhere for us you know that right?’ my wolf asks me

    ‘ Yes I know but tell me something if you were in my place would you have done the same thing?’

    “ Hells yes I would have there is no way in hell I would let that old grandpa touch me or you for that matter, but now that were gone things are probably really hairy back at home, the alpha is probably pissed off beyond belief. You know if they find us they will kill us.’

    ‘ I know that, but the thought of being mated to someone that isn’t my mate and is an old man at that repulses me, and you want to know something funny, I am starting to think that, that pack wasn’t even my true pack, how weird right.’

    ‘ Yeah strange.’ my wolf tells me with that she severs the link between us.

    I wonder what that was all about. I glance over the menu and when I see the cheese burger my mouth begins to water at the thought.

    “ Hey what can I get for you?” Ava asks setting down my soda 

    “ Can I get a cheese burger with everything on it expect for mustard and onions?” I ask

    “ Sure can would you like the fries also?” she asks

    “ Yeah,” I tell her, when she tries to walk away I stop her “ Hey Ava do you know if there is a good place around here so I can get a hair cut?” I ask 

    “ Sure do Sallies just across the way there gives amazing hair cuts.” she tells me

    “ Cool thanks.” I tell her forcing a smile

    I quickly eat and pay and leave, heading across the street to the place Ava told me about. I step inside and cheesy eighties music hits me along with the smell of chemicals, I scrunch my nose up at the smells and walk over to what looks like a front desk.

    On the front desk there is a bell like one would have been a hotel and under the bell it read “ Ring for service if no one is at the desk!”  for some reason this seems slightly familiar to me, like I have been here before but I dont remember.

    Shaking my head to clear away my thoughts and ring the bell twice.

    “ Hey there be with ya in a second.” I mans voice calls out “ Why dont you take a seat.”

    Something about the mans voice sounds familiar but I quickly dismiss the thought and sit down on a small plastic chair near the door.

    A few minuets pass before a man who looks to be in his early twenties with, light brown hair and green eyes that match my own. I smile up at him, he seems to be in shock and I watch as emotions filter though his face before to face for me to identify before he makes his face completely blank.

    “ Hi,” he smiles pleasantly “ my name is Everett, what can I do for you today?” he asks walking behind the desk, something about the way he moves seems so familiar.     

    “ Hi is there anyway that I can get my hair done today?” I ask

    “ Sure, hold on and let me check if we have a spot open today.” he tells me typing on his computer. “ Umm.. well looks like we are booked for the day expect for right now, would you mind?” he asks

    “ Nope not at all.” I tell him but inside I am doing the happy dance.

    “ Great well why dont you follow me.” he tells me motioning for me to follow him.

    I do and he leads me to a chair and makes me sit down on an old looking chair that must have been there since the seventies, Everett places a smock over me and then leads me over to some sinks, he quickly washes my hair.

    When he asks me how I want to cut my hair I show him the picture on my new I-phone that I picked up in the last city over, its actually used so it was really cheap.

    An hour later my head feels about twenty pounds lighter, I had Everett cut it up to my shoulders and add carmel and red streaks, all in all I look good, though the breeze on my neck is strange up I figure I will get used to it sooner or later. I pay and leave, okay next stop new car!